Received goodwill on used tdi

black01tdi

TDI
2013 Jetta TDI
Just a heads up, I applied for and received the $1000 cards, just bougot the car used, I may have put the wrong date on the online application, don't remember but I used the cards for maint items......

FordGuy100

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta TDI
So you knowingly took the $1000 in goodwill package, even though the terms and conditions state that you must have bought the car prior to the initiation of the program (November 8, 2015)?

I would love to do this with the car I just bought...but it seems pretty fraudulent to me.

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
Good point. It just amazes me that folks are just so pleased with themselves when they can do something dishonest and beat the system. Kind of makes life tougher for folks that are honest.

I think that VW gets the last laugh though. Let's see, $1000 credit for what OE or OEM parts would cost $500 to $750 at a reputable vendor.

Last edited:

air1mtt

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDI: took buyout, 2009 Jetta Sportwagen TDI: took buyout
ahhhh, good for you. did the same thing. VW just checks to see if it is registered to you when you present the cards for verification. they are trying to win goodwill from current owners. it worked for both of you.

dropnosky

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta 6 speed, 2012 Passat DSG
ahhhh, good for you. did the same thing. VW just checks to see if it is registered to you when you present the cards for verification. they are trying to win goodwill from current owners. it worked for both of you.
The ends justify the means apparently

Geordi

Veteran Member
Somewhere between Heaven and Hell. But it is reall
TDI
14 JSW DSG, 03 Wagon 01M, 400k and IPT performance auto!
Their poor behavior (despite whether I agree that the EPA is the real source of air pollution!) has caused a very real reduction in the value of ALL of our VW products.

So a few people "got one on them" by buying some overpriced parts or toys with VW's money... So what? VW needs to take it in the shorts a few times for this, economic pain is the only kind of pain that can be exerted on a company.

dropnosky

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta 6 speed, 2012 Passat DSG
Their poor behavior (despite whether I agree that the EPA is the real source of air pollution!) has caused a very real reduction in the value of ALL of our VW products.

So a few people "got one on them" by buying some overpriced parts or toys with VW's money... So what? VW needs to take it in the shorts a few times for this, economic pain is the only kind of pain that can be exerted on a company.

VWs bad behavior does not excuse or justify falsifying a purchase date in order to get some money.

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
Unfortunately, integrity or honesty are not values worthy of being taught in our education system.

The current wisdom seems to be that if you can Eff someone over to your benefit, it's all good.

The whole Dieselgate issue is just so much nonsense.. I blame the EPA. Just how much better for the environment is the current standards than the standards for my 2006 BRM?

I guess we could all just drive around in cars that have exhaust emissions that are cleaner then the air a car inducts into the air filter.

Last edited:

Powder Hound

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'00 Golf 4dr White 5sp, '02 Jettachero 5sp, Wife's '03 NB Platinum Gray auto(!)
...I guess we could all just drive around in cars that have exhaust emissions that are cleaner then the air a car inducts into the air filter.
That's the EPA's goal, don't you know? It doesn't much matter that it is physically impossible, they're the feds so you just have to do it. It is the collectivist way.

Cheers!

PH

SkeeterMark

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta TDI 6M
So, doesn't this must mean the previous owner did not apply for the goodwill package? I thought they made sure by VIN that each car only could get it once.

If that's the case, the poor sap that sold it missed out.

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
So, doesn't this must mean the previous owner did not apply for the goodwill package? I thought they made sure by VIN that each car only could get it once.

If that's the case, the poor sap that sold it missed out.
I'm sure a lot of people did not know about the program. I had mentioned it to two TDI owners I know and they had no clue about Dieselgate.

Neighbor's daughter with a JSW TDI didn't know when I saw her last week. She missed out.

Armourbl

TDI
2012 Golf TDI 4DR
Pretty sure it just means the previous owner didn't claim it. I don't think you had to own it before September 2015.

When I got my car in January 2016, I tried to register for the Goodwill package and VAG emailed me to inform me it was already claimed. No mention of issue with date of purchase.

ben

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
Unfortunately, integrity or honesty are not values worthy of being taught in our education system.

The current wisdom seems to be that if you can Eff someone over to your benefit, it's all good.

The whole Dieselgate issue is just so much nonsense.. I blame the EPA. Just how much better for the environment is the current standards than the standards for my 2006 BRM?

I guess we could all just drive around in cars that have exhaust emissions that are cleaner then the air a car inducts into the air filter.
It's been that way for quite a while. The whole idea of being honest and upstanding got the label 'Rube' years ago. Greed and cronyism rule the day now. Take a look at the .gov for guidance on how the screwage goes down.

I'll say it again though, EPA is just one more bureaucracy in a long line with no constitutional authority at all...

Steve

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
Pretty sad really. Does it bother anyone that Bill Clinton was impeached for engaging in an activity between 2 consenting adults that was in no way shape or form illegal in any state in this nation while George W. invaded another sovereign nation on the pretense of weapons of mass destruction that intelligence already told them didn't exist?

Slick Willy should have said "no it's none of your business." and left it at that.

Maybe we should dig up JFK and impeach him for his relationship with and murder of Marylin Monroe.

Random_Vibration

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL TDI (6MT, LP, Driver Assist)
Ethics, honesty, and integrity are things to be taught in the home. If you don't have a baseline by the time you go to school, it really does matter what happens in school. Quit blaming schools. Their job is to educate, not raise children. Schools have to spent too much time dealing with problems that are shipped to them from the home.

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
Sure, it does take a community to raise a child. the parents have a major stake in this, as well.

It just sucks that you need a license to cut hair, but there are absolutely zero qualifications for procreating. I have seen TV shows about mentally challenged people being assisted on the taxpayers dime to live on their own and crap out kids.

vwmk4

Veteran Member
TDI
None at this time, Looking for a nice one though.
I hope that the OP is happy, with the ill gotten moneys. Nothing good will come of it in the long run.
Two wrongs never make a right.
Almost feels like you stole a bit from every Volkswagen owner.