Received final offer- lender/amount received way off

yoda254

TDI
2012 jetta tdi sedan
So i received my final offer letter today but noticed the numbers are off.According to the letter i will be getting 100 restitution but the amount they are send me and the lender are way off. My 10 day loan payoff is $13,136 on my 2013 jetta tdi auto. Below is what the offer letter states.

$15,575.00 vehicle return amount
$6,101.73 additional restitution amount
$21,676.73 Total amount before loan payoff

$18,182.24 Total outstanding loan amount on 1/7/2017 ????
$18,182.24 Amount VW will be paying lender ????? should be $13,136
$3,494.49 Amount payed to you ??? Should be $8540.73

Who do i need to contact to fix this?

JGEO

TDI
2014 Passat TDI
Why is there such a discrepancy in the payoff amount? It looks like they will overpay your loan and you will get that kicked back to you. The overage plus what they are paying to you directly equals the amount you are expecting. Mine is the same way, but I will get $1800 back in an overage payment.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
I've probably said in one or more of these threads (as there have been a few threads on this issue) that VW will get a new payoff quote before the buyback appointment. They should, as payoff quotes are typically only valid for 10 days, and it's almost certainly going to be more than 10 days before you turn in your car. But I'm not as confident as I once was that they'll be doing this. In the worst case, though, they overpay your lender, and your lender refunds the overpayment to you.

Birdsg

TDI
Jetta
They did not get a new payoff quote for my turn in yesterday. The quote was end dated 12/20. I made a payment on 12/17. I'm assuming I'll just be sent the extra $$ from VW credit

Cincy_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat SE TDI
They better not request a new payoff amount. I have had to make 2 payments , one on a car a no longer own since the turn in.

yoda254

TDI
2012 jetta tdi sedan
Just got off the phone with both VW and Capitol One. Vw basically said that the $18,182 is the payoff that they got from capital one.I escalated the matter but have to wait 3-5 business days to talk to someone about it. I then called capitol one and they said that they didn't know why the loan payoff is so off. They sent me a document proving that loan payoff is $13,187 if i pay before 1/7/17.

I'm not sure if i should wait to talk to someone or just go ahead and have the documents notarized and uploaded. I hoping that they will just send me the left over amount like some of you guys are saying.

Boosted_Teg

TDI
2014 Jetta TDI premium
I've probably said in one or more of these threads (as there have been a few threads on this issue) that VW will get a new payoff quote before the buyback appointment. They should, as payoff quotes are typically only valid for 10 days, and it's almost certainly going to be more than 10 days before you turn in your car. But I'm not as confident as I once was that they'll be doing this. In the worst case, though, they overpay your lender, and your lender refunds the overpayment to you.

VW did not request a new pay off for my loan and I turned my car in on the 23

TDIsoup

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat

I thought the same thing, but they used the only payoff quote they pulled for mine. I thought it was odd, but with VW, nothing is surprising anymore. Like you said though, I should be getting the overage so no worries......yet.

yoda254

TDI
2012 jetta tdi sedan
Just spoke with a VW rep again this morning about the issue. She talked with her supervisor and they are now going fix the issue and send me a new offer letter "very soon" with the correct amount. Hopefully "soon " isn't weeks.