Recaro cloth A4 seats---while supplies last!

BleachedBora

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
redzracing said:
what do you have left in Black Leather? i need the backs also or do you also sell OEM covers? DT
Unfortunately none--I'd be a rich man if I had black leather, I've probably had 150 requests for it. All I can say is that's the one variety that will never come in. For the most part when beige leather is gone all the leathers will be gone, but we might get in more beige, even though each time that happens the chances of it happening again get less and less... :-/

Suffice it to say, if you have to have leather get the GLI seats and put leather on them--here's a site I found:
http://www.auto-interior.com/vinylprice.htm
http://www.auto-interior.com/leathercover17.htm#Jetta

I'm sure someone could find something local for about the same price...
In any case, when it comes to Recaros, new, the only choices now are a set of Beige leather, black/red cloth or black GLI cloth.

I'm a huge fan of leather myself, but after getting the last set of blue/black cloth I think it's probably the better choice--wears better, breaths better, and is softer. I've had a few others tell me that as well who switched their leather seats to cloth. That said to each their own...
-BB

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
DO I need this?

Ordered the seats now I see in Bentley that an airbag "tool" is needed to change out the seats (VAS 5232/1). Googled it and found it is a connetor cable to short out pins in the airbag terminal assembly in the seat.

Questions: Where do I get one of these WorldImpex had no reference). Have any of you who changed out your seats needed this?:confused:

Thanks,

Tony

JPR

Veteran Member
TDI
GLS,2003,Alaska Green (son's now),GL 2003,white (mine), GLS 2003 wagon (daughter's now)
Seat replacement

Save your money. You don't need the tool if you are careful and ground yourself when disconnecting and reconnecting the wires. You will likely have to splice the the old seat air bag connectors onto the new seat airbag wiring unless you get lucky and they match. If you can handle a soldering iron and simple wiring connections, you should be fine doing this task yourself. There are several DIY posts on this website and on VWVortex that I learned from. Just do a search for Recaro or seats.

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
JPR: Thanks for the input. I figured after poking around here that the shorting tool is a precaution for not being careful. I also found a source for the replacement airbag wiring connectors too! No problem with soldering also.;)

Thanks again,

Tony

DbLog

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 335d
Instead of soldering you can pop the pins from the connectors and install into the others. Real easy to do.

BleachedBora

TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
mac05tdi said:
Any chance of black cloth seats? Looking for replacement seats for my '05 Golf TDI.
Yup, they are pretty black and about as close as you'll find. As you see from MCA (and I've heard from others) they love the GLI sets. I know I love my set of Black/blue!
Let me know and we'll get you a set sent out.
Thanks!
-BB

strictlysmoke

Veteran Member
TDI
golf IV
too bad there are no beige cloth, i'm not too sure on the beige leather. if i got leather i would need to make the back and sides leather plus i like the way cloth feels, no skin sticking during the summer.

BleachedBora

TDI
Well, the beige leather does come with the rear covers, so no worries there...
Another option would be the black/red set... ;)
I heard today that MK5 sets might start filtering in sometime this year, that'll be good news.
-BB

BleachedBora

TDI
Black cloth would be the GLI seats, they are becoming quite popular! Prices are in the first post :).
You would be east coast shipping for sure ;).
Thanks!
-BB

BleachedBora

TDI
Just in my Golf--I really don't think that they are going to get in. Your best bet by far is the red/black or straight black GLI seats...
I was just as the warehouse for that vendor and he had a set of black leather, unfortunately the drivers seat was toast, the rest of it was there though. I told him I could sell the black leather all day if he had them. He laughed and said he wished he had them, but the only recaros that he can find now are the GLIs. There are about 30 sets of them or so, and 10 sets or so of the black/red left. His thoughts are that they will be unavailable as well relatively soon...
-BB

Dieselfreak

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 Jetta, red. 1998 Jetta, black. 2002 Golf, black. 2003 Golf, red. 1999.5 Golf, red. 2005 Golf, red.
Any black and red two door sets come trickling in yet, Aaron?

BleachedBora

TDI
Nope, 2-door sets are mighty hard to come by at the moment. Does anyone know of a way that someone might take a 4-door set and adapt them to the existing 2-door setup?
It'd be hard, but it might be possible...
I'll keep my ears open though :). All special requests can post to this thread, but once again please don't have anyone get their hopes up too much...

BleachedBora

TDI
Someone if I remember right had a conversion done to make them fit, but it was a lot of work. I looked into having it done on my A3, but in the end I decided against it. Your call, you'll need a lot of custom work though.

unjester

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf
JPR said:
Save your money. You don't need the tool if you are careful and ground yourself when disconnecting and reconnecting the wires. You will likely have to splice the the old seat air bag connectors onto the new seat airbag wiring unless you get lucky and they match. If you can handle a soldering iron and simple wiring connections, you should be fine doing this task yourself. There are several DIY posts on this website and on VWVortex that I learned from. Just do a search for Recaro or seats.
I got the beige leather seats from this thread - I'd post pictures but they look just like the ones at the top in the blue car. Anyway mine didn't come with airbags for some reason. But I like the leather (and the recaro) way better than the yuck cloth that was on the pre-2003 cars. By searching here and on the VWVortex I found the right resistance you need to fool the airbag connector wires into thinking the airbags are connected. Just took a little soldering, and you have to get pretty close to the proper resistance. I suppose if I get into an accident the computer might decide to detonate my resistors, but that's about all it could do. They say that the front airbags will fire correctly even if the side ones (that are in the stock seats) are simulated.

BleachedBora

TDI
Price updates due to my fuel surcharges with shipping. Sorry guys, word is it might go up a little more. Truth be told I split the price increase with everyone. From now on though I have to say that pricing is semi subject to change when you contact me with your order due to shipping costs... I added California in as a special rate because I now have a new way to ship them there for cheaper.
Thanks for your understanding,
-BB

PS Unjester--very odd that yours didn't have airbags! They must have been a set for a '99.5 or something, as every other set has had them!

squebel

Veteran Member
Aaron - What you got in the way of seats these days? Thought I'd try to get an update on current inventory. I think I'm going to bite the bullet and get some new seats. Hate my stock ones so much it's got me thinking about getting rid of the car I love :(

BleachedBora

TDI
For the month of November only I am doing the GLI Recaros for $1095.00 with free shipping in the continental US. This is up to $325 off the normal price.

All orders must be placed by midnight on the 30th, and must be ordered through my site! (Use this link)

Please use Google Checkout when you go to check out, or else the free shipping won't compute. Use coupon code "GLI Recaro" to get the extra $100 off from $1195 to $1095. And yes, it will charge you $0.05 for shipping, that's the smallest amount I can put in with my web hosting software...:rolleyes:

Then, for the coupons:

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
Those are Recaros for the A4 VeeDubs, right Aaron?

BleachedBora

TDI
Yup, fits all 1999.5-2005 Golf/Jetta cars. These are 4-door sets only...
Cheers,
-Aaron

OlyTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Golf
Seats for Four Door '04 Golf TDI

Hi Aaron,

A couple of questions to set me on the right path:

These sets of seat are for four door cars and would fit the '04 Golf GL (not a GLS), correct?

I understand that they have air bags but not heat and are swap-able with the stock air bag wiring harnesses, right?

The ones you have in stock are only the black (with red GLI on the back) or the black with the large red seating area...no blue correct?

I understand that these do not come with anything to dress the rear bench seat, do I have that right?

Anything else one would need to know before pulling the trigger?

Thanks for your time -- I'm really on the bubble with this. I hate my stock seats but LOVE the car.

Cheers,
Eric

BleachedBora

TDI
You already have the Beige Recaros?