Recall?

amstel78

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI [buyback completed 14/1/2017] 2006 S65 AMG
I've gotten an email and voicemail from my dealer stating that there's a recall for my Golf TDI although they didn't specify what. I haven't had time to call them to inquire. Before I do, anyone here know if there's a new recall out for our cars?

tditom

Top Post Dawg
TDI
formerly: 2001 Golf GL, '97 Passat (RIP) '98 NB, '05 B5 sedan
Last edited:

amstel78

Veteran Member
TDI
Thanks Tom. Was about to tell you that the first link is bad, but I was able to enter my VIN and check. The results come back as 0 open recalls. Strange. I'll call the stealership tomorrow...

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
Do you have the fuel shield installed and has the dealer physically checked it? I think until the dealer signs off that it was either done or refused, the recall stays open. At least it seemed that way on the Golf.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
My car's never been to the dealer since purchase so the shield wasn't installed. I only got one recall notice on the fuel shield. And the decals in the mail.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
When I took the Golf in for the 30k service, the recall still showed open until the dealer checked off that the shield was installed.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I bet that's the case, but I don't think it triggers a mailing to owners.

amstel78

Veteran Member
TDI
Do you have the fuel shield installed and has the dealer physically checked it? I think until the dealer signs off that it was either done or refused, the recall stays open. At least it seemed that way on the Golf.
No, I don't have the fuel shield installed. I've avoided it since I've read about issues with fueling and larger pump nozzles. My mantra's always been "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

The only time I'll ever bring the car back to the stealership for a recall is if said recall involved something mechanical or involved safety. Other than that, I'll just keep driving.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
the dealer probably following up on that open recall on the fuel door then.