Rebuilt DPF

dmarsingill

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Sportwagen Turned in , 2000 Z3 Coupe, 2003 Ford Expedition
I have been researching replacing the DPF. It seems that the cheaper rebuilt DPF available through VW is NLA. Is this true?

ECS Tuning still has a listing, ID Parts has a listing, but all the other dealer sites says NLA. I called the local parts dept. They said NLA.

Donald

jpurre

TDI
2011 VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI
I believe all of them are "re-manufactured" or "reconditioned" parts at this point. In other words, they are taken off older cars, cut open, cleaned and welded back up neatly. New ports and a little polishing and it goes back in a VW box. Hence the standard core charge when purchasing this part.

dmarsingill

Veteran Member
TDI
I believe all of them are "re-manufactured" or "reconditioned" parts at this point. In other words, they are taken off older cars, cut open, cleaned and welded back up neatly. New ports and a little polishing and it goes back in a VW box. Hence the standard core charge when purchasing this part.
But they had 2 part numbers....1 was $2800 listed as new. The other was $1200 listed as rebuilt- with a core charge.

Donald

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
The 1K0-254-706-LX is the "reman" one (these are not actually rebuilt, they are new, they just want the old one back as a core due to its high scrap value and the normal cradle-to-grave laws with many manufacturers).

This is the first I have heard that the part is NLA, but given what is going on right now, it does not surprise me, as they may have a hold on a lot of stuff for some upcoming big changes.

dmarsingill

Veteran Member
TDI
The 1K0-254-706-LX is the "reman" one (these are not actually rebuilt, they are new, they just want the old one back as a core due to its high scrap value and the normal cradle-to-grave laws with many manufacturers).

This is the first I have heard that the part is NLA, but given what is going on right now, it does not surprise me, as they may have a hold on a lot of stuff for some upcoming big changes.
Thanks...I will use that part number to call on a dealership. Now how far is it to St. Louis......?;)

Donald