Rear suspension upgrade (shocks) Koni or Bilstein ?

TDImania

TDI
2011 Golf TDI CR
Hi

I would like to know what is the best for the rear twist beam design suspension? The rear shocks are not doing the work well at 100000km and I would like an upgrade and less vibrations, more dampening.

1- Koni yellow with 034 motorsport shock mount (adjustable) Are they Twintube design ?

2- Bilstein B6 with 034 motorsport shock mount (not looking at B4 because I want more dampening)

Stock Spring !

Thank you

Have a nice day

thundershorts

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 passat tdi sel premium 2015 golf s tdi gls tdi b5.5, 2002 eurovan,Peugeot 505 td,Citroen cx25 prestige
Tires, wheel size, pressures, all affect what you are trying to achieve as well as driving style and road surface. If I lived in Philadelphia, I would find my 40 profile michelin a/s 3+ and 18" wheels awful, but where I live, the combination is wonderful.

Geist296

TDI
2015 GSW SEL DSG White with Quartz/Black interior
I should be ready for shocks and struts this summer just because I want to keep the ride I want. That being said I am going to go Bilstein B-8's( I have Eibach springs )

I forgot to add: I added the Neuspeed rear sway car as well and made a huge difference in handling, she feels much more planted on corners.

Last edited:

mikesarge

TDI
MK7 Golf TDI SEL 6MT
I went with koni sports. They’re adjustable but you have to take them off. Mine pogo just a little bit on whatever setting they shipped at with h&r sport springs. Not looking forward to taking them off to re-set and try again.

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT, 2011 Jetta TDI DSG, 2015 Golf Sportwagen S TDI DSG
Hi
I would like to know what is the best for the rear twist beam design suspension? The rear shocks are not doing the work well at 100000km and I would like an upgrade and less vibrations, more dampening.
1- Koni yellow with 034 motorsport shock mount (adjustable) Are they Twintube design ?
2- Bilstein B6 with 034 motorsport shock mount (not looking at B4 because I want more dampening)
Stock Spring !
Thank you
Have a nice day
Now sure if you did upgrade but I noticed the new Koni are now available for us. http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=497811