Rear Seat Leg Room 09 Tdi Sedan vs Wagon

wesk1954

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta TDI
Perhaps the ONLY issue I have with my 09 TDI (at 35K on the clock already) is that the knee room for passengers in the reat seat is a bit snug.

My question is, does the Sport Wagen offer more rear seat room than the sedan?

ADmittedly I do 90% of my driving alone, but would like to take the Jetta on more weekend trips, but often don't as I want to offer my mother in law a little more knee room when she's in the back seat, and more often than not we invited her to go with us. (and thankfully she is an amazingly wonderful MIL, as MIL's go!!! LOL)

I keep telling myself I'll check when I'm at the dealer, but I forget it every time... and thankfully, haven't been at the dealer but 5-6 times since I've owned it. (and that's a GOOD thing!!!)

I'm sure the foot wells are most likely the same, but wondering if the seating postion is perhaps a little further back thus allowing more knee room?

Wes

Trbogolf

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 Sportwagen
I'm pretty sure the interior volume (barring trunk/hatch) is exactly the same on both. We had a sedan before getting the wagon and I don't notice any difference.

edit: according to VW the wagon has 1" more rear headroom and .1" more legroom. Guess that's why I didn't notice :)

Last edited:

Stealth TDI

Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
2017 GTI APR Stage 3 (395 hp/376 lb-ft)
The A5 has more legroom than the A4s and A3s. I'd consider myself fortunate with an A5. :)