Rear rotors

mikeyredk

TDI
A3
Hello!! I recently bought new rotors for my 2011 A3 Tdi and the mechanic told me that the rotors don't fit even though the website that I bought said they would fit I bought them on carid link here link. The Mechanic said that the hat wasn't tall enough causing the rotor to make contact with the calipers and preventing the rotors from turning after he tightened the bolts

Are these just the wrong rotors or does this guy not know how to install rotors?

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
Probably the wrong rotors. If he didn't put the old ones back on, just compare them side by side. Prime example of why most mechanics don't like to use customer supplied parts.

Last edited:

20IndigoBlue02

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Golf TDI-- deceased
Hello!! I recently bought new rotors for my 2011 A3 Tdi and the mechanic told me that the rotors don't fit even though the website that I bought said they would fit I bought them on carid link here link. The Mechanic said that the hat wasn't tall enough causing the rotor to make contact with the calipers and preventing the rotors from turning after he tightened the bolts
Are these just the wrong rotors or does this guy not know how to install rotors?
Installing brake rotors is very easy. If you think the mechanic is inept, you should of DIY.

The hub bore diameter looks like there is something wrong. 65mm doesn't sound right for a PQ35 based car. Should be 57.1mm.

Also, Audi says the rear rotors are 253mm, not 259
https://parts.audiusa.com/a/Audi_20...BRAKE-COMPONENTS-REAR-SUSPENSION/1311645.html

Last edited:

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
Yup, I just put some Fremax rotors and pads from idparts on the back of my golf last month. Very good quality and selection of both rotors and pads.