Rear Flashers ought to be yellow

Funguy

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen dsg and 2015 Passat 6 M/T
I use my flashers in low visibility weather, when no one is in sight behind me, so that if someone is approaching from behind too fast for conditions or I am forced to stop or slow for traffic ahead that any cars approaching from behind have the best chance not to rear-end me. I don't use them when someone is steadily following me in fog or blizzard because the following car is already protecting me from someone else approaching to fast from behind. My flashers are red now but they were yellow years ago and I prefer yellow flashers/turn signals.

I don't run down the road with flashers on just because it is "damp" out. Nor do i think that euro rear fogs should be yellow. I still don't get why you are taking what I say in such a negative way. Was only trying to answer your question about why i thought the steady on rear euro fog lot is red.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
I'm not attacking, just trying to understand peoples mindset when I see so many people on the highway have their flashers on the highway. It probably goes hand and hand with the number of people driving at midnight with just their DRL.

Maybe it's a regional thing and the drivers around here are just straight up crazy.

Funguy

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen dsg and 2015 Passat 6 M/T
Seems like a lot of people just don't understand how to drive anymore. I just shake my head and try not to let them run into me. I think most cars dash lights won't turn on when they drive at night with just DRLs. So then I have to wonder if they ever look at their dashboards? Probably not. They just look at their cellphones. Have a good day

NikoSRB

TDI
2013 Passat (NMS) TDI
Thanks guys! I could not be more pleased with them!

I had no frustration or difficulty getting them to behave/function correctly. Simply followed a DIY PDF thats out there on installing these. If anyone's interested pm me an email address and I'll send you the PDF along with answer any questions about the installation.

I will say though that if you don't have a good understanding of the BCM, re-pinning, wiring, soldering and dismantling a good portion of the drivers side interior & trunk trim it may not be a project you want to take on.

Josh
Hi Josh,
Do you still have PDF for this project? Thanks a lot!

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
On the mk7 GSW, VW added an red lenses behind the clear shell of the housing, you can pluck the red lens out of the housing and toss in amber LED bulbs and do some wizbang coding to get amber turn signals for the price of the LED bulbs.
Do you have photos of this? I've always disliked the all-red turn signal lights, so if I could get amber LEDs in that "clear" portion of the outer tail lamp, I'd like to give that a try.

gforce1108

Top Post Dawg
TDI
04 Jetta GLS BEW, 14 Audi A7 V6 TDI, 13 Porsche Cayenne V6 TDI
Do you have photos of this? I've always disliked the all-red turn signal lights, so if I could get amber LEDs in that "clear" portion of the outer tail lamp, I'd like to give that a try.
There is nothing in that clear portion on the NMS passat. I drilled and added red LEDs to create a rear fog:

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
This is a lot easier on the Mk7 since there's a factory lighting table config that supports it. Since the NMS was never sold in the US market with amber rear turn signals there's no config available that can make them work. In the Chinese market they did have cars with the LED tails and amber turn signals with halogen headlamps, but their headlights don't have the DRL bulb and don't use the turn signal as a running light.

One member had edited the lighting table, but wouldn't share details on how he did it :/

-J