Rear bushings

LLL

Veteran Member
TDI
'95 Red Passat TDI 90hp 5 manual
Bought Audi TT rear bushings and noticed that there won't fit the metal sleeve... install them only with the bolt? Thanks.

LLL

Veteran Member
TDI
You mean the standard washer with the bolt or...

Stromaluski

Veteran Member
TDI
'67 Deluxe Bus, '80 Rabbit Truck, '92 Corrado, '10 Cup Edition
Correct. You don't use the locator sleeve on rear bushing in the control arms when using the TT/R32 bushings. The TT/R32 bushings don't require them.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
my mistake, thought you said strut bushings. no the bushing your using, just install it the way it is

LLL

Veteran Member
TDI
Thanks a lot guys!
Should I expect harder suspension with these bushings?

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
no, just tighter, lines on the road wont move the wheel as much now aka less road feedback and stability. want to see why you need good functioning parts, here watch this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vElCOug8Fw
skip to 5:30~, FYI this car has 100% shot worn out bushings, watch how the wheel deflects. NOW you know why stiffer parts means a bit more of a bumpy ride but only when it comes to hard hits. you will be fine. i always go prothane though, so worth it

LLL

Veteran Member
TDI
TT bushings installed... for four days... today I removed them and installed standard ones. Wow, what a feeling! Riding with TTs was (for my taste) very hard, uncomfortable, unpleasant and blah-blah-blah... So I'll rather change them every year then to ride TTs which made me feel like I have no shock absorbers and coils!
Removing/installing both control arms and both bushings overall - 1h 25min. Smooth and pleasant ride again. Cheers.