real world EVs review

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
I was over in the park, across the street, and someone had a Cybertruck parked there. I took a few photos and posted them in my media.
Cool. It's a goofy looking vehicle for sure. I wonder if the owners ever get tired of the attention they draw. Sometimes it's nice to be incognito. Jealous of the green grass there, but I'm going to enjoy the eclipse up here tomorrow!

tikal

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Passat Wagon (chainless + 5 MT + GDE tune)

"The Livesey family waited more than four hours to charge their Tesla and the last ticket they handed out before leaving was No. 189, and they saw more vehicles pulling up to the stations."

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I'm always game to point out disadvantages of EVs and the charging network, but in this case I have to think that people should have done a little planning and not expected available chargers right after an event that attracted a big crowd from many miles away.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
Stuff happens. We were headed up about 80 miles N, NW to get into the eclipse totality zone Mon. when my serpentine belt broke about 25 miles in. Luckily about a tenth of a mile from an O'Reillys that had the belt in stock. Pretty easy job on the 2.5 I5, but enough to derail the trip. Just as well really, traffic was jammed up along the route we were going to take for hours following the eclipse. Got a good look from the O'Reilly parking lot.

El Dobro

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2017 Bolt EV Premier, 2023 Bolt EUV Premier
I guess the word hasn't gotten out in NJ that EV's are out and hybrids are in. I'm seeing more Lucids and Rivians on the roads, Mach-Es and Lightnings are popping out and now I'm seeing two and three Teslas in driveways. A guy right around the corner from me has a Lyriq.

Last edited: