Readiness: EGR - Failed or incomplete

jhs

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta
No MIL, no DTC after fixing the wire to the n345 solenoid.
Deadline for the renewal, respectively the Drive Clean test is approaching, so I need the bl**** readiness intact.

I have read somewhere that it could take 500miles after DTC clearing for the EGR readiness to pass...

This article suggests the following drive cycle speed up the things:

• Start the engine. Idle the engine in drive for two and a half minutes with the A/C and rear defroster on.
  • Turn the A/C and rear defrost off, and accelerate to 55 mph at half throttle.
  • Hold at a steady speed of 55 mph for three minutes.
  • Decelerate (coast down) to 20 mph without braking or depressing the clutch.
  • Accelerate back to 55 to 60 mph at ¾ throttle.
  • Hold at a steady speed of 55 to 60 mph for five minutes.
  • Decelerate (coast down) to a stop without braking.
Any comments / suggestions?

Thanks

CoolAirVw

Vendor
TDI
Jetta
There are some readiness monitors that can be made to change to "pass" by running a procedure with vag-com. Unfortunately we don't do emissions testing here so I have no clue. Only reason I know this is because I go to seminars and the instructors come from out of stateand they talk about doing this.

I have a manual that tells how to do it but I wont remember to look it up and and I'm not sure that it will be accurate info for a tdi anyway.

suggestion? Drive it as much as possible.

Here's some reading for you. http://lmgtfy.com/?q=vag+com+reset+readiness

Last edited:

DIESEL DAZZLER

Veteran Member
TDI
81VW TDI PU,94 GOLF TDI,97 PASSAT TDI,03 ,06 JETTA TDI's,KABOTA DIESEL LAWNMOWER
readiness

You are allowed 1 readiness incomplete in Ontario drive clean .

jhs

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta
Thank you CoolAir!

I will contact ross-tech support on that.
I have run across such procedures designated for different engines equipped with their own systems but not for BRM so far...

I really don't feel like getting out there and dry a tank just for the sake of driving...

lmgtfy.com/?q=done+that+many+times+with+various+wording

Cheers

jhs

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta
@jcrews, just the EGR readiness says "Failed or incomplete" No DTC at all.
I have a tune - Malone Tuning. Mark said EGR readiness is not guaranteed to clear with that tune.

@DIESEL DAZZLER - THANKS :D:cool:, I went right after replying to your posting.
Test PASSED hooray!
Apparently one of the readiness bits not cleared is accepted by Ontario's Drive Clean.

This might be of interest Volkswagen - Audi OBD-II Readiness Code Charts to AHU and ALH owners, sadly no BEW, BRW or anything newer though on first page it has "February 2013"...