Re: So I'm getting my t-belt replaced at 65k and......

weedeater

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta, 2001, Baltic Green
Re: So I\'m getting my t-belt replaced at 65k and......

Start your own thread.

If you have an '02, you dont actually need to change it until 80Kmiles (manual) because the engine was upgraded in that year. However, I don't think the maintenance manuals were upgraded to show this. So you would be running a warranty risk.

But, when it comes to changing the WP, flip a coin. Many wait until 120k with no problems.

You don't say where you are. $750 includes water pump and coolant? Still sounds high, though typical for a dealer.

KGVR4

TDI
GLS 02 blue

This is an automatic 02. Is it includes WP and coolant. Im getting the work done at Fine Tuning out of Seattle WA.

frugality

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none, 2016 GTI

Start your own thread.
Play nice.

There seems to be a glitch here on the board. His post does show up on the list as being a new thread, but somehow when you click on that topic it takes you to another thread where his post is tacked on for some strange reason.

Joe Fisher

Veteran Member
TDI
NA

[quote
There seems to be a glitch here on the board.

[/QUOTE]

Yep, there is a glitch. I clicked on a thread down below, the one entited something like "TB changed at 65k"
As I said, I clicked on that thread title, and got 3 or 4 thread starters. Dunno where the replies are. I wondere where this reply will end up for that matter.