Rawtek Spring Sale

Lex Tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat
Rawtek is having a sale next monday-wednesday only on exhaust and tunes... While i wouldnt normally post regular vendor info, i have seen multiple threads about failures in the emissions, heater core, and other related areas. Rawtek doesnt have a sale every week. After having mine for a year and half it is nice to be able to drive and not have my car stuck in the shop. Just thought i'd share...

Mcbee104

TDI
2014 Passat tdi
Rawtek is having a sale next monday-wednesday only on exhaust and tunes... While i wouldnt normally post regular vendor info, i have seen multiple threads about failures in the emissions, heater core, and other related areas. Rawtek doesnt have a sale every week. After having mine for a year and half it is nice to be able to drive and not have my car stuck in the shop. Just thought i'd share...
What is rawtek?

Mcbee104

TDI
2014 Passat tdi
Emissions delete company that sells hardware for removing and deleting the emissions equipment.
Hmmm I kno they put some kinda emissions thing on my car befor I could drive it off the Lott becuse of some law in California but. That law don’t apply here in Ohio. What would be the pros n cons of getting ridd of that ?

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
It is against the law everywhere as it is a Federal law. Your state may not enforce it though you can still be caught and prosecuted. Emissions systems were built into your car when mfg. Cons are it is a federal crime and loss of any warranty you have. It will pollute a huge amount more. Some mechanics won't touch a deleted car as they don't want to be held responsible for doing anything like that as they can get heavily fined and lose their business and/or go to jail. Pros are your car "may" run better and you won't have emissions issues as they are now gone.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
It WILL run better, it WILL use less fuel, it WILL be more reliable. 100% guaranteed. You can also double your oil change intervals, as the oil will not soot up nearly as quickly.

Any time there is a sale, it is a good time to get the parts. Even if you do not need/want it right now, you will sooner or later (if you keep the car). Obviously this is illegal. So was hitting 110 on my way into work this morning. Whatever.

Last edited:

Lex Tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat
It WILL run better, it WILL use less fuel, it WILL be more reliable. 100% guaranteed. You can also double your oil change intervals, as the oil will not soot up nearly as quickly.

Any time there is a sale, it is a good time to get the parts. Even if you do not need/want it right now, you will sooner or later (if you keep the car). Obviously this is illegal. So was hitting 110 on my way into work this morning. Whatever.
You can just say i posted it because the tunes were on sale if that helps you sleep at night... Oilhammer summed it up better though... Oilhammer are you afraid to touch a modified car? I had never thought about that as living on the edge but now i feel like i am!

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Afraid to touch a modified car? I certainly hope not! I have to drive one home tonight. And it parks right next to all the rest of my dubs, all of which are modified! :D My wife drove her modified TDI to work today, and I am 100% confident she'll be driving it home tonight, too.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Until the feds start going door to door checking for full compliance with federal EPA, local constables have more to worry about (unless you're causing other reasons for them to be interested in you), even with state mandated "safety inspections". Kinda right up there with running red fuel.