Rawtek Options

upsbroke

Veteran Member
TDI
98 NB and '13 JSW
I'm looking at getting a Rawtek delete kit and appropriate tunes needed for my 2013 JSW tdi. As far as ordering exhaust pieces, am I hurting myself by getting the ECO kit and using my existing VW muffler. Any ideas and suggestions are appreciated.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
The eco is a stage 0.5 delete. You'll want to keep the factory muffler. You won't have any exhaust restriction even with stage 2. Factory airbox flows enough even stage 4. You have a dsg?

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Kerma may still offer delete times. As well as rocketchip. I'm running Malone. Also note per forum rules and federal laws, it's illegal to remove emissions components.

Thunder Chicken

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf Wagon
I left the factory muffler and got the resonator from Rawtek. (Quick glance looks like a fancy cat) Can’t comment how loud or droning sounding it would be without, but I find it quiet. It’s been on for 5-6 years now, no issues.

MrCypherr

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk6 Wagon
Even with a stock muffler in place, its loud enough to where you can hear it but not crazy loud.

MrCypherr

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk6 Wagon
I know people get the cats to reduce the smell which helps. On cars without a cat and just straight to stock muffler, I noticed there is a smell if youre standing behind it. Not in the car.

Thunder Chicken

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf Wagon
^ I choose the resonator just to maybe quiet it down as some reviews said there may be a bit of a ‘droning’ noise in the cab without….. can’t say but I find it as quiet as original.

pipesta

TDI
'14 JSW TDi 6MT
The eco/straight kit is not much louder than stock, the turbo is more noticieble but that's about it. I can confirm there's no drone with the straight pipe and factory muffler. Smell is minimal without the cat. I drive 6-700 miles a week for work.

MrCypherr

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk6 Wagon
Ive driven cars with nothing but a stock muffler. Theres no smell or noise in the cabin at all. Just some smell outside the car and some more noise. From what ive noticed atleast.

dlhovland

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 golf Tdi manual transmission. Wife's car a 2014 toured v6 Tdi
I am at stage three. I have the cat and stock muffler. Car runs good. Still have a little smell when the car is cold.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
I left the factory muffler and got the resonator from Rawtek. (Quick glance looks like a fancy cat) Can’t comment how loud or droning sounding it would be without, but I find it quiet. It’s been on for 5-6 years now, no issues.
You left both cats on while deleted? It hasn't plugged them? I ran only the factory muffler and it was quiet.

wolf1389

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta sportwagen Comfortline
can anyone tell me what highway mileage they are getting with their JSW TDI with DSG and a dpf/egr delete?

im averaging anywhere around 6.3 to 6.7L/100km (39-35mpg)

due to how much i commute for work at 2.45$ a liter doing a dpf/egr delete will save me over 120$ a month on fuel.. if the estimated savings are real.

i was told that i can expect around 5L/100km (47mpg) highway economy?

Thunder Chicken

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf Wagon
can anyone tell me what highway mileage they are getting with their JSW TDI with DSG and a dpf/egr delete?

im averaging anywhere around 6.3 to 6.7L/100km (39-35mpg)

due to how much i commute for work at 2.45$ a liter doing a dpf/egr delete will save me over 120$ a month on fuel.. if the estimated savings are real.

i was told that i can expect around 5L/100km (47mpg) highway economy?
If you want to save fuel, slow down. Air up your tires. Have decent tires (cost $). while the delete will save some mileage, (I’m 6sp not dsg) I went from high 5’s/6ish before to low 5’s after, on average. (Less than 1l/100km). I worked it out and I’d have to drive something like 200,000km to pay for the delete in fuel savings. At todays prices maybe 1/2 that, lol. . At or below 100km/hr will lower fuel burn. Good luck doing that on your crazy highways down there :)
The only times I get below 5l/100km, is when tires were 45-50psi, and long trips across hwy11, at the speed limit of 90kph.

wolf1389

Veteran Member
TDI
on my commute to work cuz waterloo is higher elevation then Mississauga my cluster shows anywhere between 5.6-5.8L/100 if i cruise control around 118-120. just got new continental purecontact ls all seasons and they are at 38 psi.

on my way back i was about to get it as low as 6.4L/100 and i had to detour and take farm roads due to an accident on the 401. normally its around 6.8

wolf1389

Veteran Member
TDI
If you want to save fuel, slow down. Air up your tires. Have decent tires (cost $). while the delete will save some mileage, (I’m 6sp not dsg) I went from high 5’s/6ish before to low 5’s after, on average. (Less than 1l/100km). I worked it out and I’d have to drive something like 200,000km to pay for the delete in fuel savings. At todays prices maybe 1/2 that, lol. . At or below 100km/hr will lower fuel burn. Good luck doing that on your crazy highways down there :)
The only times I get below 5l/100km, is when tires were 45-50psi, and long trips across hwy11, at the speed limit of 90kph.
also what stage tune did u get? rawtek says you get better fuel economy with the stage 2 tune vs the 0.5 tune.

KHCRTDI

TDI
2011 VW Jetta Sportwagen
I had pure contacts as well and liked them. I have a stage 2.
I wouldn’t believe the dash economy from what others here say…. Figure it out with a pen and paper when you top up.
I have been keeping an eye on my fuel economy and suprisingly, the dash is very close. Mine said I was getting 34.7 and when I checked today, I got 35.0. 2011 VW JSW

Spravecek

TDI
2013 jetta TDI Premium 2014 premium tdi
I have a stage 2 Malone tune and full exhaust with cat and resonator and there's still drone at 60+ on the highway. I tried to muffle the sound with dyna-mat and it helped some

Golfer12

TDI
11 jsw tdi
On my 12 golf 500 miles per tank using trip od
After stage 2 malone with only stock muffler I got 600 miles per tank
And honestly the sound was good
Jetta is next
with these fuel prices and my 600 mile commute per week it will pay for itself in one yr