Rawtek Downpipe & Mid with Resonator Arrival!

elitegunslinger

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI :D
Waiting at Linden right now; the exhaust is on but they are awaiting the tuned file, I got off work early so it's not a big deal. I started it up and saw the CEL and knew it wasn't done but that turbo whistle sounds so nice.

Jeffbucc

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta Sportswagen TDI
Waiting at Linden right now; the exhaust is on but they are awaiting the tuned file, I got off work early so it's not a big deal. I started it up and saw the CEL and knew it wasn't done but that turbo whistle sounds so nice.
Nice Elite, I'm the opposite. Got my ECU back from Malone and it is in the shop right now getting the exhaust put in. Should be done by the end of the day.

elitegunslinger

Veteran Member
TDI
Nice Elite, I'm the opposite. Got my ECU back from Malone and it is in the shop right now getting the exhaust put in. Should be done by the end of the day.
Well apparently it might not be done till Monday now if they don't get the tuned file tonight. :(

Jeffbucc

Veteran Member
TDI
Well apparently it might not be done till Monday now if they don't get the tuned file tonight. :(
I'm just hoping he doesn't run into any problems. His shop is for diesel trucks but said it shouldn't be a problem. He is only charging me 200-400 for the install, crazy nice guy.

A testament to the build quality of the Rawtek downpipe is when he can't stop commenting on the build quality. He says he rarely gets an aftermarket downpipe that actually looks factory with no weld/radius/sensor bung alignment issues.

Hope you can get your file before the weekend, that is ridiculous that they are having a hard to getting it ready when they have known so far in advance about your install.

elitegunslinger

Veteran Member
TDI
I'm just hoping he doesn't run into any problems. His shop is for diesel trucks but said it shouldn't be a problem. He is only charging me 200-400 for the install, crazy nice guy.
A testament to the build quality of the Rawtek downpipe is when he can't stop commenting on the build quality. He says he rarely gets an aftermarket downpipe that actually looks factory with no weld/radius/sensor bung alignment issues.
Hope you can get your file before the weekend, that is ridiculous that they are having a hard to getting it ready when they have known so far in advance about your install.
Yeah I agree with the build quality; they gave me a loaner so it isn't a big deal but it really sucks on fuel 40$ got me two days of driving vs 50$ in my tdi for a week. They have had my car for all of today and unless the tune is completed also this weekend. The problem is HPA has a 3 hour time difference so coordination becomes difficult.

Jeffbucc

Veteran Member
TDI
This is going to be a very low mileage tank...impressive! Sounds pretty much stock with the stock catback exhaust still on it. I don't think I honestly have a problem with that though. Pulls very hard through every gear.

I am very happy, everything I wanted it to be.

tomsyco

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 White Golf 2 Door
First tank is very low while the tune dials in.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

crpowa

TDI
2009 Jetta tdi
malone stage 2 +rawtek dp.

Just finished my 2009 tdi. It beaks traction if you step on it hard on first gear...very fun.
it smells just a tad as I reused a modified stock cat. Overall i have not have the chance to stretch his legs on the highway..yet. ill report back with mileage and power perceived.

Cheers

Isj

TDI
2010 Golf TDI
any of you guys have vag-com and can check if the readiness monitors pass after a drive?

Jeffbucc

Veteran Member
TDI
Well the rattling disappeared, looked under the exhaust and they forgot to do put one of the exhaust hangers in.

On the highway today there were no cars in sight and rolled up to 120 before I backed off, started to run out of steam pretty fast.

Took a small video of the car starting up cold and revving it just a bit, the water is from washing it just prior. This is with the stock catback exhaust still hooked up to the midpipe.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oG4zMGQg-0E&feature=plcp

I'll take a better video later.

Hwy_Demon

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDi
Well the rattling disappeared, looked under the exhaust and they forgot to do put one of the exhaust hangers in.

On the highway today there were no cars in sight and rolled up to 120 before I backed off, started to run out of steam pretty fast.

Took a small video of the car starting up cold and revving it just a bit, the water is from washing it just prior. This is with the stock catback exhaust still hooked up to the midpipe.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oG4zMGQg-0E&feature=plcp

I'll take a better video later.
Which MidPipe did you go with? Straight? or cat or Resonator?

Jeffbucc

Veteran Member
TDI
Can you please do a video from inside the cabin? Im dying to get this exhaust but I also have a 4 yr old to consider for sound. lol
Honestly it's dead quiet when the windows are rolled up. Not much louder than stock unless you are really flooring it.

elitegunslinger

Veteran Member
TDI
I called Linden VW for an update; apparently they hadn't received the file yet... I know their primary point of contact between Linden and HPA is on vacation this week so I hope they can hash this out by today so I can pick my vehicle up. I really hate spending this much money in fuel especially because on this being the fifth day I will have put 110$ in fuel for only 540-580 miles worth of driving. Will update once I receive more information, called HPA also to see what the hold up was but will be receiving a callback.

I was expecting to hear; we sent the file and are waiting for a reply rather than we are waiting for the file and don't know where it is 2 hours into their work day.

elitegunslinger

Veteran Member
TDI
Spoke with Keir; he actually clarified the process and what was going on. They have been using their own test vehicle to find the regen location and remove it from another north american model before placing it on my vehicle. I probably won't have it tonight at this rate, but most likely tomorrow everything will be complete. Although it kind of sucks because I have class all day and will then have to pick it up Wednesday.

Jeffbucc

Veteran Member
TDI
Wow that is pricey! I guess with the different modes you get it is a great package deal though. Still after a couple days driving with my Malone tune it would take a noticeable difference to make me change to HPA.

The thing is just all around perfect right now, eventually I'll probably look at a bigger turbo but for injectors and then the CR170 head you have to get it is a very pricey upgrade.

elitegunslinger

Veteran Member
TDI
Wow that is pricey! I guess with the different modes you get it is a great package deal though. Still after a couple days driving with my Malone tune it would take a noticeable difference to make me change to HPA.

The thing is just all around perfect right now, eventually I'll probably look at a bigger turbo but for injectors and then the CR170 head you have to get it is a very pricey upgrade.
I'd have to compare the tunes on the same dyno to make any justifications of which is better; I probably would have gone with Malone if he had been at Waterfest this year. Basically I asked every tuner who would support a DPF delete and HPA was the only one willing to accept the challenge.

I'd wait for a GTD or the newer variant TDI motor if I really wanted more power; primary goals with this tune, exhaust, and intake: more mpgs, power, and noise production because racecar. :D

Jeffbucc

Veteran Member
TDI
I'd have to compare the tunes on the same dyno to make any justifications of which is better; I probably would have gone with Malone if he had been at Waterfest this year. Basically I asked every tuner who would support a DPF delete and HPA was the only one willing to accept the challenge.
I'd wait for a GTD or the newer variant TDI motor if I really wanted more power; primary goals with this tune, exhaust, and intake: more mpgs, power, and noise production because racecar. :D
You and I think alike. Turbo upgrade is a pipe dream due to price so I will enjoy the gas mileage, sound, and power. Gas mileage will have to wait though..this first tank is evaporating! :D

Already not liking how quiet the stock catback is so I think I am just going to get a local guy to do some mandrel bended pipe to fit to the Rawtek Midpipe and then some stainless steel tips since I'm not a fan of Polished and the maintenance required to keep it polished.

elitegunslinger

Veteran Member
TDI
You and I think alike. Turbo upgrade is a pipe dream due to price so I will enjoy the gas mileage, sound, and power. Gas mileage will have to wait though..this first tank is evaporating! :D

Already not liking how quiet the stock catback is so I think I am just going to get a local guy to do some mandrel bended pipe to fit to the Rawtek Midpipe and then some stainless steel tips since I'm not a fan of Polished and the maintenance required to keep it polished.
Fuel economy is where it's at; I like the way polished tips look but I wouldn't mind a down turned tip hidden behind a custom valence that has no cutouts for that clean appearance that requires no maintenance. Also gives it the electric look.

elitegunslinger

Veteran Member
TDI
Called Linden yesterday at 5; still not ready. Hopefully today they received the file overnight and can get it done by the end of today or I get an update phone call by end of business saying what progress has or hasn't happened.

On the loaner I have put 150$ in fuel for 650 miles so far, I don't see how people can afford minivans lol; also the vehicle had 570 miles on it when I started using it. Only a couple more days at it will be a full business week with the van.

tomsyco

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 White Golf 2 Door
Called Linden yesterday at 5; still not ready. Hopefully today they received the file overnight and can get it done by the end of today or I get an update phone call by end of business saying what progress has or hasn't happened.

On the loaner I have put 150$ in fuel for 650 miles so far, I don't see how people can afford minivans lol; also the vehicle had 570 miles on it when I started using it. Only a couple more days at it will be a full business week with the van.
Jeez I had mine together and tuned in 4 days.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

elitegunslinger

Veteran Member
TDI
Got off the phone with Keir; said that their engineer should have a file out tomorrow afternoon EST, he needs to speak with someone in Germany. Hopefully tomorrow is the day I get out of this minivan which is sucking all the money out of my wallet in gas.