Rattle coming from Passenger Side

cobra390t

Veteran Member
TDI
06 VW Jetta BRM 5SPD ,2005 Passat TDI Wagon( SOLD ), 05 Mk4 Golf BEW , 04 MK4 Golf BEW , MPG Who cares It's a Diesel
Been driving with this for a while but today it got the best of me .. When i accelerate on 2nd or down shift and get on the throttle i hear a plastic rattle coming from top right hand side by the passenger dash board side meeting the window or something.. I searched and found minimum to non .

Some suggested the Plastic trim outside between /around the wind shield whipper arm .So i added some small insulation ..Any suggestion or where else to look .... All heat shields are in place and secure

kdawg89

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Golf DSG 06 Jetta (sold)
On the passenger side of the car on the end of the dash where it would almost touch the door with the door closed there is an access panel, pull that panel off and you can see inside the dash. There is one screw in particular that tends to rattle loose and it is very easy to see with that panel off but tighten up all of the ones you can see. I had this same issue and the rattle went away for me after I snugged up that screw.

scrichy84

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta, Manual
If the rattle is outside the car, the screw clips/retainers for the screws on the inner fender come out and the inner fender pieces rattle together. I just had to fix this. Just take the wheel off, and you will see the piece flapping.

cobra390t

Veteran Member
TDI
06 VW Jetta BRM 5SPD ,2005 Passat TDI Wagon( SOLD ), 05 Mk4 Golf BEW , 04 MK4 Golf BEW , MPG Who cares It's a Diesel
I checked the above mentioned spots but every thing seems pretty secure , However the illusive rattle has seemed to stopped as it's getting more warmer outside ..!

Last edited: