Rare A4 Passat TDI spotted in Southlake TX

brucetmoose

Veteran Member
TDI
Used to own a 2002 Jetta TDI - Black/Black
Was out and about in the Dallas/Forth Worth area for a training class and went to a restaurant named Coal Vines which is a really nice Italian food / pizza place ( the food was very good btw, but I digress ).

So my wife and I come back out of the restaurant and what should be parked next to us on the left was an A4 Passat TDI in very nice condition - the dark blue version. I had remarked to her all week that I was surprised we hadn't seen a single TDI on the trip, and then this person parks right next to us after we walked in.

This was on Thursday night - 3/18 around 8 PM. The car had Texas plates but no club plate frames.

In case you're wondering who spotted you, it was the people who rented a silver Ford Focus with TX plates - the car to the right of you.

Memo to car rental agencies here in the USA - when the HECK are you all going to rent TDI's ???

If you went to Coal Vines, I hope you found the meal as good as ours. Southlake ( yes, it's all one word ) seems to also be the home of high quality mexican food as well, we spent a lot of time in Southlake on the trip.

TDI_NC

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI GLS 5 speed
brucetmoose said:
Memo to car rental agencies here in the USA - when the HECK are you all going to rent TDI's ???
The answer is never because all rental TDIs would eventually be towed back with tanks full of gas. Majority of them after the first fill up. What rental agency could possibly afford this?

brucetmoose

Veteran Member
TDI
Used to own a 2002 Jetta TDI - Black/Black
I keep on forgetting that most people are so into gas ...

I keep on forgetting that fact - My own wife recently reminded me NOT to put diesel into my car when I pulled up to a Hess station because the spot I pulled up to had both diesel and gas.

Not that I was going to, but I can understand how someone could. You also have to understand that in my family, we've owned diesels for so long, it's hard to remember to put GAS in the Hyundai.

Jack_Berry

Veteran Member
TDI
02 jetta sedan
recently i grabbed the green hose at the j to fill the 4.6 van. luckily i had already selected 87 oct so nothing pumped into the tank