rally wheels

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
I've never seen those wheels before, but they look like the real deal.

GTSLOW

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW & 04 Golf
What the heck does "PRICE EACH all" mean? Is that $400 per wheel or all four? Obviously I'd hope that was all four but crazier things pop up on CL. What is the weight on them?

Powder Hound

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'00 Golf 4dr White 5sp, '02 Jettachero 5sp, Wife's '03 NB Platinum Gray auto(!)
With the original craigslisting using the words 'rare', 'ultra light', and 'hard to find', you can bet they think they ought to be $400 each. Particularly since 'each' is in caps.

The downside to such a set is you can't get a replacement if you ding one beyond repair.

And 16# is right in the ballpark for the ubiquitous Avus wheel, so I don't think they are any great shakes. Just overpriced. For that kind of $$, you'd be better off getting a set of Enkei F1s. IMO.

Cheers!

PH

carbonbl

TDI
2005 Jetta GLS Wagon
I would leave those for someone with a Quattro who needs the wheels to put it back to original spec. Your '03 golf uses 5x100, not 5x112 bolt pattern, so those will not work anyway.

If you want rally style wheels, check out the Sparco Terra. They are fairly cheap new from Tire Rack and designed by OZ. I have a set on my Jetta that I like a lot.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Yeah, those are old Audi GT wheels, and are not the correct ones for your car anyways. They are pretty rare, I'd want them to find a home on the original car myself.