Raleigh, NC area?

sleepera8

TDI
Touareg V10, 2004, Black
I'll be driving down to the Raleigh area, next week{from philly}. [I'll be around rt 64 and 440]
Where can I get some BD? b20 preferred.
I've seen alot of new about BD avail around the area, but I didn't retailers listed on 1 of the bd sites.

I don't know the area @ all.

thanks in advance

dloomis

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, manual (sold); 2005 New Beetle TDI, DSG
Hi there - there used to be a B20 pump in Garner, NC, but the owner dropped it after his incentives expired. The only biodiesel I'm aware of in the area is B100, which is available through a local co-op. It's located just outside of RTP in Durham...that's where I do my fueling. :D

dloomis

Veteran Member
TDI
Hey guys - maybe you guys know this, but I found a new B20 pump at the Cruisers on the corner of 54 and 55 in RTP. It's right next to my work....hehehehe.

schnabba

Veteran Member
TDI
golf GLS 2001 white
dloomis said:
Hey guys - maybe you guys know this, but I found a new B20 pump at the Cruisers on the corner of 54 and 55 in RTP. It's right next to my work....hehehehe.
I tried it the other day - got a nice dose of something in my filter. Checked the filter tonight for the heck of it - and look what I found! sweeeeet.

Not sure what it is - it separated out pretty quick when I drained the filter - doesn't appear to be water, but might be. It's the darker stuff at the bottom. This is the entire filter's worth - it was about 150ml of whatever that crap is. One tankful.

Rockin!

Only other time this has happened was at a crappy pump in the washington DC area. The texaco near me will get me a drop or two every 10K - this is just nuts though.

you guys need to buy more fuel there more often - keep that crappy supply clean! :rolleyes:

I may pass on that particular station - the cleaner fuel at the texaco near me is worth the peace of mind.

dloomis

Veteran Member
TDI
Yikes - that definitely doesn't look good. If you haven't been using biodiesel then it could be sludge that was dislodged from your tank. I'm pretty sure the fuel is fresh since the pump was sold out late last week.

schnabba

Veteran Member
TDI
golf GLS 2001 white
dloomis said:
Yikes - that definitely doesn't look good. If you haven't been using biodiesel then it could be sludge that was dislodged from your tank. I'm pretty sure the fuel is fresh since the pump was sold out late last week.
that is possible, hadn't thought of it. I have 99,800 miles on the car, and this was the very first time using biodiesel - so it would be almost 100k of accumulated sludge I suppose. About the only other time I remember crap being in the filter was a bad batch in the DC area from a long trip. Been using the texaco near the house (pumps are open 24x7x365) - been clean as can be.

I'll check the filter after a fillup or two - at least it is doing it's job - keeping that stuff out of the injector pump! Also why I drain it completely at 10k and when I change them at 20k. Interesting to see what it has found in your fuel! This is definitely a first.

On a plus note - the car does run a lot smoother with this fuel - so that's good.

Last edited:

skinz2k5TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2005, silver/blk
That BIOD pump was dry today when I got E85 for my suburban....there were a few disappointed tdiers there.... I believe the stock is used rather quickly

Skinz

schnabba

Veteran Member
TDI
golf GLS 2001 white
yeah - it was out the other day (I was in the area looking at motorcycles for sale) - filled up again last night, checked the filter this morning - normal looking now. Probably was sludge then - interesting - always used either stanadyne or powerservice - but - I just clocked 100K.

who knows.

I guess if you have never used biodiesel and have some miles on the car, check the filter at the recommended intervals. This stuff sure makes the car run smooth!