Raise the BS Flag or not?

20IndigoBlue02

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Golf TDI-- deceased

140 whp & 300 lb-ft with:

ALH
tdiracing (not Oliver) PP502 nozzles (which are .216 equivalent)--- TDIracing nozzles are not PP's, unless it is a gross error (which I highly doubt).
VNT-15
Tech9 chip
3" CAI
2.5" exhaust
FMIC with CryO2 intercooler spray
19x8" front wheels with 235/35r19 tires
up to 31 psi spikes with steady 19 psi boost (needs a Dawes or Boostvalve).

experts chime in....

imo, if they were Bosio PP502's with stock wheels, I would say it is a realistic number, but injectors say no, and on top heavy wheels will decrease the whp as well.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
"Nearly" 300 ft/lbs. could be 270, I suppose. On the right dyno those numbers are nearly believeable. I don't think he'll have a VNT-15 that works for long if it continues to spike to 31 PSI.

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
82 rabbit vnt ahu, 98 jetta vnt ahu, 05 parts car, 88 scirocco.. :/
from what i heard, tech9 went belly-up. there is a thread about it somewhere...

LNXGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
I made 131whp/251ftlbs with Technine StgII, Sprint 502's and a 11mm pump.

I think this torque reading is a bit high, but his HP number is reasonable.

What I find funny is that they are bragging about the 31psi boost spike, lol retards.

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
I've seen the car and know the owner. Can't speak to the performance numbers but the car sure looks BLING!

jazzcat

TDI
used to drive 01 golf
only thing that i would change on it would be ditch the stickers and swap headlights out on that car. not all that bad

LurkerMike

Veteran Member
TDI
-Whitey: 2000 Jetta GLS, Red: 2000 Jetta GLS 5-speed
No B.S. flag would be justified IMHO.

While there might be a little exaggeration, it does not put the claims on par with someone claiming a new world record TDI power achievement with no hard evidence to back such a claim up.

No vendor's hard work and proven real world results are being insulted.

If the numbers are exaggerated a little, it may be for unintentional reasons such as the owner used an unscrupulous or incompetent dyno shop that reported slightly skewed numbers. There is no indication that he owns the dyno the numbers are claimed to have been generated on or that he is selling tuning services and seeking to deceive others to fleece them for profit.

It appears to me to be someone who worked very hard customizing their car and they are proud of the investment of time and money as they should be.

scurvy

Good Ol' Boy
TDI
2006 Golf
tomo366 said:
You mean looks "Rice"??:rolleyes:
Fried rice.

Dear gawd that car looks horrible. What a terrible thing to do with an otherwise nice Golf. Garbage, utter garbage.

The performance numbers don't sound too out of line, probably your typically inflated numbers for the ricer & bling mags.

joevat

Veteran Member
TDI
TDI PD
scurvy said:
Dear gawd that car looks horrible. What a terrible thing to do with an otherwise nice Golf. Garbage, utter garbage.
whatever hallucinogen this guy is on, i'll take 2....;)

KROUT

persona non grata
I think the car looks good. I have never been a fan of the carbon fiber body parts other than that its sweet.

dlai

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Passat, Stonehenge Gray, 2002 Black Golf 5M
Numbers are somewhat high but within reason. Ok looking car and at least there's no crazy claims with NOS, secret sauce or anything like that...;)

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
2001 golf gl, 2006 jetta, 1981 ALH swapped rabbit pickup, 1998 beetle
other than the black painted hatch, I like the looks. Of course I'd want a little better performance. LOL

jazzcat

TDI
used to drive 01 golf
oldpoopie said:
other than the black painted hatch, I like the looks. Of course I'd want a little better performance. LOL
its lack of paint..hatch is carbon fiber ;) he could paint it and the hood to silver and nobody would know that he is saving that much weight

shortysclimbin

Veteran Member
TDI
Kubvan, mk2 golf, mk6 golf
and lack of weight is truely not the point in this look at all the subs stuff in the back. That weight is more than two people in the back. But the car does look "clean," and the modder had goals that where stuck to indicating that they arrived at there goals. I find it interesting that the vnt is boosting so high... Where is wingnuts post from 2000? with the one nut adjustment ;) I bet I could get the same results...

Bojje

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A4 1,9 TDI -02
This car is the best looking TDI in the USA. Just look at that R32 front bumper filled with the fmic - looks great. I like the rims because of the depth too.

I'm not sure about the hood though... it makes it stand out more but I'm not sure if I'd do it to my car.

Last edited:

BoosTDIt

Veteran Member
TDI
The Last NA 2dr 5sp
scurvy and joevat,

i don't know what you 2 are blabbering about, if you can not appreciate someones hard work there is no need to post "trash talk".
Remember that you are not the only one reading these forums.

scurvy obviously has absolutely no clue what "rice" or "bling" is..and god has nothing to do with it. The car in reference used ALL OEM styling parts...
what did you do to your car?

""""""""joevat look at you own car first before hallucinating ,plastic chrome door handles , loco racing wheels and a badgeless kamei with the hood notch left untouched..should i say more or still think you can compare yours to the car in the feature?"""'''

edit: if i cut all that out, my aggravation wont make much sense and people that come late in the topic wont make anything out of it , but at least Joe took my constructive critique for what it is instead of flaming me back..Props to you bro , i had a bad day. /end edit

For some people modifying a VW is called passion,dedication,artistic vision and a very specific taste that allot of people here I'm sorry to say will never have or understand.

You don't like his stickers..well the word "sponsors" is mentioned probably 15 times in the article, it's part of the game you play if you cant afford to pay. Stickers are crucial same as for the Rally Car ..and still they are strategically placed to have at least some more uniform look and not be too drastic.

The only reply that shows common sense and reason ability below..
LurkerMike said:
No B.S. flag would be justified IMHO.

While there might be a little exaggeration, it does not put the claims on par with someone claiming a new world record TDI power achievement with no hard evidence to back such a claim up.

No vendor's hard work and proven real world results are being insulted.

If the numbers are exaggerated a little, it may be for unintentional reasons such as the owner used an unscrupulous or incompetent dyno shop that reported slightly skewed numbers. There is no indication that he owns the dyno the numbers are claimed to have been generated on or that he is selling tuning services and seeking to deceive others to fleece them for profit.

It appears to me to be someone who worked very hard customizing their car and they are proud of the investment of time and money as they should be.
about the power...there are no claims ..only estimates by the owner..nothing wrong with that..

I have a dyno from New England Dyno day documented doing 128h.p/239tr. with nothing but a ghl downpipe/cat delete +side exit@2.5inch diameter and software ..and we all know the old "crazy torque axle breaker" softwares that existed back in the day.

anyway
/end rant
enjoy your day gentlemen

Last edited:

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Bora and 2016 Touareg
BoosTDIt said:
..and we all know the old "crazy torque axle breaker" softwares that existed back in the day.
When I was running P502s, 11mm pump and the ol' Upsolute "stage2" chip, I put down 154hp and 340tq so I can attest to the stupid torque levels we used to run!

johnnloki

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Golf TDI
Uh... boostdit, I think joevat was actually talking about the guy with the negative comments being on hallucinogens. Might want to read his post again, I'm pretty sure he was saying the car was nice.

I'm down with the carbon hatch and hood, though, carbon roof to carry it along would be cool too- but that's a "last mod" sort of thing to do.

LurkerMike

Veteran Member
TDI
20IndigoBlue02 said:
140 whp & 300 lb-ft with:

ALH
tdiracing (not Oliver) PP502 nozzles (which are .216 equivalent)--- TDIracing nozzles are not PP's, unless it is a gross error (which I highly doubt).
VNT-15
Tech9 chip
3" CAI
2.5" exhaust
FMIC with CryO2 intercooler spray
19x8" front wheels with 235/35r19 tires
up to 31 psi spikes with steady 19 psi boost (needs a Dawes or Boostvalve).

experts chime in....

imo, if they were Bosio PP502's with stock wheels, I would say it is a realistic number, but injectors say no, and on top heavy wheels will decrease the whp as well.
The OP was to see if anyone here disputed the the performance numbers claimed.

No one here doubts the claims or estimates and no one here raised the B.S. flag.

The thread then turned to a discussion of personal tastes in styling.

I prefer stealth to the point it looks like "mom's car" but that's just me. I don't even like any aftermarket wheels unless they are easily mistaken for stock. I don't like any wheels I can't grind onto a curb without damaging them which means I don't like any low profile tires. But no one should care what I think.

The car does not look totally silly or cheesy and it does not lack the power needed to match the "look". While I wouldn't drive a car that looks like that because it is a police magnet, it does not mean I don't appreciate that it is very tastefully done.

Beyond that, we are arguing about our own egotistical opinions of styling and NOT about the car itself. I love this place! But I like bars full of blathering drunks too, carry on! :D

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
I must admit to being first in bringing the word "BLING!" and all of its synonyms and connotations into the discussion, and for that I apologise.

Like I said, I have seen the car at local GTGs and know the owner, and I mean what I said in a complementary way, even if the appearance and treatments don't match some people's tastes. Meaning I stand by my words. :)

drkblujetta

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Audi A4 ALH TDI
Nice car....... At least it looks a little different. :cool:

Numbers sound fine.... :)

Drivbiwire

Zehntes Jahr der Veteran
TDI
2013 Passat TDI, Newmar Ventana 8.3L ISC 3945, 2016 E250 BT, 2000 Jetta TDI
- ALH

- tdiracing (not Oliver) PP502 nozzles (which are .216 equivalent)---
*This is where most of the power comes from, bottom line big holes without any implied comment on durability or quality

- VNT-15
*Durable but you had better watch the boost levels, this turbo will easily support power in the 150-160hp range with PROPER tuning and pressure regulation/dampening.

- Tech9 chip
*I have no idea of the chips characteristics however you can guess that it accounts for the extra fueling provided to the bigger nozzles

- 3" CAI
*Total waste of time, Bling factor=100%, It's proven that the stock ALH airbox will support 225hp from a highly modified PD150 and 2.0TDI in European form. Heck it will outflow the 350hp twin turbo Audi S6!

- 2.5" exhaust
*yawn....No impact on power.

- FMIC with CryO2 intercooler spray
*Some benefit on track day otherwise for the purpose of the dyno no effect with short bursts of power. NO2 would be a better choice but even then the benefits are minimal without fueling and extensive piston modifications.

- 19x8" front wheels with 235/35r19 tires
*ah -> BLING!

- up to 31 psi spikes with steady 19 psi boost
*If he keeps that up the turbo will go *BOOM*, as mentioned he better get a dawes device ASAP!

DB

LurkerMike

Veteran Member
TDI
Drivbiwire said:
- ALH

- 2.5" exhaust
*yawn....No impact on power.
A call a conditional B.S. to this statement! :D

The first bend of the A4 TDI exhaust system is the most important part. Using the OEM first bend will severely limit any gains from a larger cat-back. An improved DP first bend coupled with a better flowing system may not help a stock 90hp ALH more than 1 or 2 hp, but it will make the turbo run cooler, spool faster and operate more efficiently (slightly better mpg's). Once you start modding and tuning for power, an improved exhaust system will start giving greater power gains because the turbo will be operating closer to its upper limit.

joevat

Veteran Member
TDI
TDI PD
BoosTDIt said:
joevat look at you own car first before hallucinating ,plastic chrome door handles , loco racing wheels and a badgeless kamei with the hood notch left untouched..should i say more or still think you can compare yours to the car in the feature?
all i have to say is this....read below and in case you dont know where that is...vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv (follow the arrows)

johnnloki said:
Uh... boostdit, I think joevat was actually talking about the guy with the negative comments being on hallucinogens. Might want to read his post again, I'm pretty sure he was saying the car was nice.
LNXGUY said:
+1 Joe agreed the car was nice...

BoosTDIt, I think you better edit your post.
need i say more....and dont forget BoosTDIt...dual exhaust.;)

i wont even argue with this one...

LurkerMike

Veteran Member
TDI
joevat said:
aneed i say more....and dont forget BoosTDIt...dual exhaust.;)

i wont even argue with this one...
You need a pair of side exits too! One exit pipe for each cylinder! :D :D :D