Rain sensor auto window issue

IXLR8

Veteran Member
TDI
12 Passat Platinum Gray, 02 Golf Black, 01 Jetta Black
I had a strange thing happen with the windows on my car. I enabled the auto window close via rain sensor over a year ago. It has always closed the windows if I left them open when it rained. I have also left them open going into work on a sunny day and they were closed at the end of the day. Today I left the windows open about 1" when I went into work this morning. When I came out after work... the front windows were closed BUT the rear windows were fully open!!?? :eek: It was a sunny day, no rain/snow, although there was some frost on the windshield when I came out of work. My concern/warning is the fact that it OPEN'ed the rear windows rather than closing them.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
That is very strange, as the auto close disables the pinch protection (even if they encounter resistance, they shouldn't go down).

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
I thought so! Maybe not... Time for testing to be sure.

carlrx7

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SEL TDI
the disabled pinch protection is the main reason i turned off auto close.. I had a fear that if i left my dog in the car and he had his head out and it started to mist outside while i was in the gas station i'd come out to a very scary site.