Radio code

Fitn3rd

TDI
2011 Jetta TDI Highline
Hi everyone.

I replaced my head unit and now I'm selling the original. I need to find the radio code and the radio card doesn't have the code.

I did some digging and the dealership will charge me to get the code at their diagnistic rate so I'm trying to avoid that.

I heard it can be found somewhere on my car.

Does anyone have suggestions how I can get this code without paying?

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
Some of the older cars way back when had a sticker somewhat hidden in the trunk with the radio code.
But God only knows what age car you're talking about !!!!

amit9

Veteran Member
TDI
None...
I had the same issue for my 03 which I got used. Fortunately Pickering VW near me offered to do it complimentary, that was many years ago. They pulled the radio out, and looked up the radio code using the serial number on the radio. It took them about 5 minutes. Give them a call and talk to their Service Desk, maybe they will still do it for free?

Fitn3rd

TDI
2011 Jetta TDI Highline
Well, I found someone on eBay. $5 problem solved. In case anyone else lost their code.

Fitn3rd

TDI
2011 Jetta TDI Highline
If you search for vw radio unlock code on ebay. You will find a plethora of happy sellers. I paid 5 dollars and I plugged the radio in recently to confirm the code works.

hskrdu

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Golf GLS 4D 5M, 2015 GSW SE 6M
Yes, and if you have found one that worked for you, it's always helpful to share with the rest of Fred's the ebay seller/store name.

derek5120

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 jetta GLS
This is good to know, I need a code for my car and I called 3 dealers and they all said they can't look them up with the VIN and radio serial. I was told they stopped doing this over a year ago. They did say if I took the car down they could scan it and find it, but I know you can't find it with vagcom so idk.

Fitn3rd

TDI
2011 Jetta TDI Highline
Literally took 1 hour to get my code. I have since sold my head unit in favour of a more recent one. For 5 bucks, it's a small risk.