Radical/swap class added to show&shine

GTiTDi

TDIClub Enthusiast, Macht Schnell! Vendor , w/Busi
3 Spruce st Wareham, gateway to Cape Cod Massachus
TDI
'91 GTI CJAA swap,'02 Jetta wagon ALH swap, '03 GTI 1.8T rally car, '03 Sprinter 3500
Well since it seems as more than a few swapped cars are going to fest this year, but no class for them in the show and shine, I was a bit dissapointed. Since it merely seemed it was only due to the lack of an award, I thought about making one. Well, VeedubTDI kinda hinted that someone should! Since I made it, I am not looking to win it, and hope there are plenty of cars for the club to choose from! :)
here it is

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
As I have said this is a Fred decision.

The Ballots have been voted on and approved by the Fest Committee.

Last edited:

Hamsterdiesel

TDIClub Enthusiast , Veteran Member & HO5G CoFound
TDI
1999 Golf IV, Black and now 2015 Reflex Silver Passat SE
I appreciate the sentiment and effort, but the show is not going to add a class at this late date. This year's show is meant to be different and the classes stand as listed.

GTiTDi

TDI
'91 GTI CJAA swap,'02 Jetta wagon ALH swap, '03 GTI 1.8T rally car, '03 Sprinter 3500
I appreciate the sentiment and effort, but the show is not going to add a class at this late date. This year's show is meant to be different and the classes stand as listed.
Unofficial then, don't worry about adding anything, not trying to complicate things....The people who actually spend a lot of time modifying and improving our beloved TDIs feel left out and I went out of my way to do something about it. I apologize.

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
OK Chris just to let you know there was NOT going to be a S&S at this fest. Sootman and were nominated to "git r dun". So from zip to a reduced S&S was how it went.

Chris u have a PM

GTiTDi

TDI
Like I said, I am not trying to complicate things. I am just very enthusiastic about these cars and interacting with others who feel the same way is something I have looked forward to all year long. This is my anti-VW scene VW show, where mechanical modifications and clever ideas are more appealing than ultra low chassis dragging cars where emphasis is on stance and how rare your wheels are:rolleyes:...no offense to NashTDI's ultra clean B5.5 btw.....you know how the scene is...:eek:
Hopefully Fred allows my award to exist :confused:, otherwise I will delete the Fest part from it to avoid the trademark issues.:(

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
Well, I'm laying here in my Tent in a campground near Bennington, VT thinking my Vanagon (ALH) is making this trip for naught!

I'll be scratching my head in the morning for options!

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
....then say nothing.

Well, I'm laying here in my Tent in a campground near Bennington, VT thinking my Vanagon (ALH) is making this trip for naught!
no comment. I have opinions on that sentiment, but won't post them.

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
Yeah.
The purpose of the TDI fest is to help raise money to keep this site up and running without pop-up ads and subscriptions.

Heck, stay home, buy an award from a local trophy shop if it means that much, send half of the difference between that amount and what is being spent to get to and from the fest to the club.

Houpty GT

Veteran Member
TDI
Corrado TDI, 2000 Golf, 1996 B4 Variant
Well since it seems as more than a few swapped cars are going to fest this year, but no class for them in the show and shine, I was a bit dissapointed. Since it merely seemed it was only due to the lack of an award, I thought about making one. Well, VeedubTDI kinda hinted that someone should! Since I made it, I am not looking to win it, and hope there are plenty of cars for the club to choose from! :)
here it is
Awesome job you did.

GTiTDi

TDI
Yeah.
The purpose of the TDI fest is to help raise money to keep this site up and running without pop-up ads and subscriptions.

Heck, stay home, buy an award from a local trophy shop if it means that much, send half of the difference between that amount and what is being spent to get to and from the fest to the club.
If it meant that much I wouldn't have gone through the effort of making one and like I said I am not trying to win my own trophy, just acknowledge someones effort for a lot of time and work. But go ahead be a jerk Jon! :mad:

Nash_TDI

Veteran Member -TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2000 Silver Jetta TDI
This is my anti-VW scene VW show, where mechanical modifications and clever ideas are more appealing than ultra low chassis dragging cars where emphasis is on stance and how rare your wheels are:rolleyes:...no offense to NashTDI's ultra clean B5.5 btw.....you know how the scene is...:eek:

What the hell! J/K I have one of each type, my low and flashy one, a fast one, and a mk2 project.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Chris, thanks for putting the award together for this class. It was definitely great to see so many swaps at this year's Fest!... Highest number so far with a total of 9.

Congrats to vw_nut who won the swap class with his super clean Caddy TDI. :cool:

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
82 rabbit vnt ahu, 98 jetta vnt ahu, 05 parts car, 88 scirocco.. :/
yeah, it was awesome to see all the other swap cars there! cool stuff! i never knew there was a spaceship on tdiclub! lol

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
All of the swaps were great to see. Thanks Chris for putting together the trophy and for gettign the swap category added to the voting.

I do not think the blue vs orange ballot thing caused too much confusion.

GTiTDi

TDI
Chris, thanks for putting the award together for this class. It was definitely great to see so many swaps at this year's Fest!... Highest number so far with a total of 9.
Congrats to vw_nut who won the swap class with his super clean Caddy TDI. :cool:
yeah, it was awesome to see all the other swap cars there! cool stuff! i never knew there was a spaceship on tdiclub! lol
All of the swaps were great to see. Thanks Chris for putting together the trophy and for gettign the swap category added to the voting.
I do not think the blue vs orange ballot thing caused too much confusion.
My pleasure really ;)

vw_nut

Veteran Member
TDI
, 1981 VW pickup TDI Conversion, , 2000 Golf TDI,1985 Cabriolet 16V,2006 jetta
I want to thank Chris for setting up the Radical class and for all who voted for my Caddy I feel honored and felt there were many there deserving, we just logged in about 3150 miles on our trip, we just got home, averaged 51.6 miles per gal for the trip, im very pleased, this was out first Fest and i know it wont be our last.