Radiator fan issue

_jonesboy_

TDI
2015 Jetta
Yes, another radiator fan thread, sorry if this has already been answered. New here, been looking for awhile for a thread specific to my 2015 Jetta so if you know where to point me on here please feel free.

Fans don’t come on unless AC is on, then both come on what I assume to be high and stay there. Replaced the big fan which jumps to the smaller one, didn’t fix it. VCDS fan test passes. No blown fuses. Coolant temp read from is over 206 still doesn’t kick the fans on.

On the 4 pin connector from the car that plugs into the big fan. Got a big red and a big brown as the mains. 2 smaller ones are yellow/brown and white/blue. Big wires I expected to be hot all the time, which they were. However, at 130 coolant I don’t expect the fans to be running, however. With the AC on, the two small wires read the same voltage as it is with the AC off. At 130 temp I’d expect the two smaller wires to have nothing if the AC is off. Yellow/brown wire read 3.5v, white/blue read 14. Guess I don’t understand how these stupid things are supposed to work.
Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited: