R.I.P. 2013 Jetta

AverageAndy

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL, 2013 Golf TDI 6MT, 2013 Jetta TDI 6MT (R.I.P.)
So while driving back to university after winter break, my son was side swiped by a careless semi-driver outside of Pecos, TX. Luckily he was not injured (thank God) and all his possessions, including those in the trunk, were undamaged. The reason for the post is that his car is up for auction on 2/20/24 2/27/24 via this website: 2013 VOLKSWAGEN JETTA 2.0L TDI for Auction - IAA (iaai.com) . For someone who might want to resurrect this car, or maybe use it for an engine swap, well I can help. We owned the car since 163k miles and it is fully deleted/tuned with MRTuning Stage 2 loaded currently. New Duralast axles were installed literally the day before his accident and come with a 3yr 36k warranty. Car runs excellent, no leaks and uses <0.5 quart oil/10k miles. We have the tuning box, stock tune and 25hp files, and even an extra key! It was due to get the heater core replaced and I have one of those as well. If you are the winning bidder and would like to buy any of these items, pm me.

He would love to see his car live on! We did replace it with a 2013 Golf TDI 6MT, with only 100k miles:D

Last edited:

CanadianALH

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta 5spd 2006 Jetta DSG (wifes)
Glad he’s ok! God is good. That is honestly stuff of nightmares as far as a semi truck accident.

MrCypherr

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk6 Wagon
Wow. Glad to hear he is okay! I've had some close calls myself. Alot of them just dont seem to look or pay attention to the road.

AverageAndy

Veteran Member
TDI
Interesting, the last bid I could see was $525, but I am not a registered bidder, as I am part of the "Public" who are not allowed to bid apparently.

Well, I do still have the tuning box and spare key, if the winner wanted to buy them, and I would share the stock and mod files.

Last edited:

AverageAndy

Veteran Member
TDI
Yeah I saw they had relisted it. That's over 50% of what I paid when I bought it! It does run well though, maybe you could drive it off the lot, possibly dragging the rear.

AverageAndy

Veteran Member
TDI
Looks like they lowered the buy it now price to $1250, so maybe tex or mex#1 will get it next go around?

turbodieseldyke

Veteran Member
TDI
98 jetta
Broker + IAA fees will add 1000, but it's in the acceptable range. You'd think an interested buyer would just take it at that price, but i've seen plenty of auctions where they ignored the buyitnow price (sometimes, really low, like 400-500) and took their chances with live bids. Seemed stupid to me. What would they hope to gain, getting it for $50 less than asking price? But if someone else bids against them, they'll run the price above asking.

This one's too far away for me, but it was interesting to watch. The real killer is that back wheel. You'd have to trailer it, or bring a complete rear suspension with you & change it just outside the gate.