Quick side veiw mirror ?

G Men 08

Veteran Member
TDI
MK4 Golf 5 spd
My drivers side mirror is about to fall off of the door. I found a local part out with a mirror housing and assembly but the one he has is electrical adjusting.

Mine is mechanical. Can I Frankenstein the two directly or wont it work together?

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
You could maybe use your frame and cables but transfer the housing and glass.

G Men 08

Veteran Member
TDI
MK4 Golf 5 spd
That is my intention, hopefully!

I need to remove my current mirror to see what the damage actually is, I know there is a ton of corrosion in there because I have a dusty powder/ chunks falling from behind there. My biggest concern is that it is the door itself!

peteman

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf TDI 504 000 km and 2003 Golf TDI 225 000 km
My drivers mirror just broke off the other week. THe metal inside had corroded and the mirror was full of about 1 cup of salt per side. The door itself was fine. I bought two complete flat black replacements from ECS tuning for $145 USD. Install is about 15-20 minutes if you are familiar with removing the inner door panels.

G Men 08

Veteran Member
TDI
MK4 Golf 5 spd
Thanks Pete! I'll have a little tinkering to do tonight then.

G Men 08

Veteran Member
TDI
MK4 Golf 5 spd
Whats left of my drivers side mirror :mad:

My mirrors and windows are manual. I have access to a couple of front doors complete with everything for power. How hard would it be to implement those, and have them be functional in my car?

G Men 08

Veteran Member
TDI
MK4 Golf 5 spd
bump!

I would clearly have to swap the lock cylinders so my key will work. My main concern is tying in the electrical.. Should there already be a spot in the wiring harness, or could I tap into something else?