Quick reply please, code 16764

MIA

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Golf, 09 JSW
16764 - Glow Plug/Heater (Q6) Circuit Malfunction
P0380 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

Started out of the blue this AM. Car has been starting rough in the cold. Am I safe to take off for Xmas? Guessing I need to change out a glow plug or two?

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
This response is probably too late, but it looks as if you have received good advice already,

My CEL popped on November 3rd. I got my VAG-COM and associated accessories going today (December 24th). As I type now, the Laptop is running diagnostics. The tests have revealed the same code (glow plug). Since the CEL come on back in November, I haven't noticed anything unusual about starting. However, the engine has been gradually acting up (surging) more and more. The symptoms (surging) seem to begin as I accelarate up to about 2200 RPM, above that rpm its not noticeable and seems to be okay. On crusie, it runs fine. The MPG seems to be okay too! At 97K, I suspect the intake is beginning to clog. So, while I am off for the holidays .... you gussed it! I will clean the intake.

Merry Christmas /images/graemlins/grin.gif