Question about Kosei K1 wheels and centerbore

muddflaps

TDI
2002 Golf 2 door TDI
I'm hoping to purchase a set of used Kosei K1 wheels for auto x and possibly winter wheels. I believe some of you guys may have these or had them in the past. The wheels in question are 15x7 5x100 but the seller is unsure of the centerbore. They were on a Toyota which has a centerbore of 54.1 and my MK4 has 57.1. Does anyone know if they made many centerbore diameters or were they on the larger size to accept many vehicle applications? (The owner of the wheels has no clue about centerbore diameter) It's a bit if a drive to go see/buy them so I'm trying to figure out as much as I can beforehand. I've turned up mixed results online. Thanks for any help!

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I have a set of K1s, same size and bolt pattern. No problem fitting them on my VW. They actually have plastic adapters to center them on the hub: I bet they are larger than needed and Kosei provided different adapters for different applications.

muddflaps

TDI
2002 Golf 2 door TDI
I have a set of K1s, same size and bolt pattern. No problem fitting them on my VW. They actually have plastic adapters to center them on the hub: I bet they are larger than needed and Kosei provided different adapters for different applications.
Thanks, I bought them. The center bore is larger than 57.1mm so I need to get some hubcentric rings and lugs. They came mounted to some street legal auto-x tires so I will probably try and squeeze some runs in on them before looking for some cheap snows in the off season.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
If you tighten the lugs carefully you don't need the rings. I did it with track tires for years and never got a wheel off center.