Potna

TDI
03 Jetta crashed replaced with a 2015, 09 Audi Q7
And last the aft pipe just before muffler old & new

BARIIINGS

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Audi Q7 TDI Premium Plus - Hers / 2010 Audi A3 Premium Plus - Boughtback
Where did you purchase this set up? How many miles on your 09? Looking to do this on the wife 2011, when the DPF starts causing issues.

Potna

TDI
Where did you purchase this set up? How many miles on your 09? Looking to do this on the wife 2011, when the DPF starts causing issues.
Kit was purchased from Diesel Dubs now GDM German diesel motorsports. In addition to the exhaust you will have to have the ECU flashed and reprogrammed. 120K miles on my Q7 started getting codes & limp mode due to clogged DPF around 100k.

I posted these pics because of the very little information I was able to find online before making the decision to delete.

BARIIINGS

Veteran Member
TDI
What was the cost? Please let me know what type of MPG and performance increases you see with the new equipment. It will likely be close to a year before I am looking into needing to have this done.

Potna

TDI
What was the cost? Please let me know what type of MPG and performance increases you see with the new equipment. It will likely be close to a year before I am looking into needing to have this done.
Exhaust and programing your looking about 2k. Realistic adverage of 3 MPG increase. (Don't believe the 10 mpg claims that are out there) I don't have horsepower or torque numbers but performance increase was huge in my opinion

BARIIINGS

Veteran Member
TDI
thanks a ton. Starting to stash money away now.

Potna

TDI
Yes, cabin noise has increased especially the turbo whistle

09Q7TDI

TDI
Q7 TDI
Annoyingly loud or just a little change? I have a wife as the primary driver and 2 small children

Potna

TDI
Annoyingly loud or just a little change? I have a wife as the primary driver and 2 small children
This is my wife's primary vehicle also, the increase in noise doesn't bother us. My biggest complaint is the exhaust suit that now collects on the back bumper, it's easily visible on a white vehicle. It is also an issue with a rear mounted cargo rack, anything on the rack will get suit on it. I'm looking into making an enclosed version similar to a truck toolbox.

In my opinion worth it to not have the check engine light, fill ad blue, and most important limp mode with a flashing glow plug light.

Last edited:

v8volvo

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta
How much soot is it? Do you see visible smoke when driving?

Interested to know what these motors do when uncorked, though it sounds like it was chipped for HP boost at the same time so perhaps that may have an impact on smoke as well.

whizznbyu

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen 6 speed manual. B5 died at 302k miles.
What kind of error codes did you have on your dash? Mine has a CEL (non blinking) and a constant low AdBlue warning light (filled with 5 gallons, dealer actually courtesy rest the light but it came on again)

Potna

TDI
How much soot is it? Do you see visible smoke when driving?

Interested to know what these motors do when uncorked, though it sounds like it was chipped for HP boost at the same time so perhaps that may have an impact on smoke as well.
Will roll coal if you get on it, normal driving slight cloud can be seen during acceleration

Potna

TDI
Malone Tuning can
I did not have success with Malone, several codes were "deleted" so that the engine light was off although the vehicle would still enter limp mode. I used Quantim Tuning my second go around.

Potna

TDI
What kind of error codes did you have on your dash? Mine has a CEL (non blinking) and a constant low AdBlue warning light (filled with 5 gallons, dealer actually courtesy rest the light but it came on again)
I don't rember all the codes but I did make note of a couple:

P2453 Evaporative Emission System Switching Valve Stuck Closed

P2454 Diesel Particulate Filter Differential Pressure Sensor Circuit

P310E EGR cooler?

whizznbyu

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen 6 speed manual. B5 died at 302k miles.
I did not have success with Malone, several codes were "deleted" so that the engine light was off although the vehicle would still enter limp mode. I used Quantim Tuning my second go around.
Looked into the website. They are a UK company. You sent your ECU to the UK for this?

BuzzKen

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'10 Touareg TDI, '09 335D, '10 X5D
The Malone tune is now perfect with all sensors deleted. We developed the tune on my own personal truck.

Potna

TDI
Looked into the website. They are a UK company. You sent your ECU to the UK for this?

Use the dealer search there is 4 in the US. I used Robert Dyche @
GTO Services. My tune also deleted the EGR which I suspect was also giving me some issues.

XBS

TDI
09' Q7 3.0
Thank you for posting these pictures, just spent $1000 on replacing ad blue injector wish I would have done this!

I also have an 09 q7 with about 80k, I appreciate the feedback on the soot as that was also my main concern.

It seems like this is still a worth wile upgrade, can I turn off the CELs with my VAGCOM or will it have to be tuned? How much were the parts and how much is the tune?

Thanks!

Potna

TDI
Thank you for posting these pictures, just spent $1000 on replacing ad blue injector wish I would have done this!
I also have an 09 q7 with about 80k, I appreciate the feedback on the soot as that was also my main concern.
It seems like this is still a worth wile upgrade, can I turn off the CELs with my VAGCOM or will it have to be tuned? How much were the parts and how much is the tune?
Thanks!
Tuning is required, parts and tuning prices vary but budget at least 2K.

Rx Burner

TDI
Q7 S line Plus
How's the Q7 running? Was it worth the headache? I have a 2012 Sline with tdi that i'm wanting to do dpf delete and upgrade.

Potna

TDI
How's the Q7 running? Was it worth the headache? I have a 2012 Sline with tdi that i'm wanting to do dpf delete and upgrade.
Running great, I'd do it again if given the choice. I was fortunate having a 3ed vehicle (7.3 power stroke) so my wife still had wheels wile I got it right. Not to mention my vehicle was giving me problems before the delete so I would have spent the same $ to replace worn parts and only a mater of time before I had more issues.

Rx Burner

TDI
Q7 S line Plus
Good to know! our 2012 is currently at stealership with a rear main seal leak for $3000+. It was dumping oil and def overnight and whole undercarriage was saturated. Luckily extended warranty picked up 80%. But i'm still not happy that his happened and just over 76,000 miles. Other than eating expensive tires it's been an awesome vehicle until now.