PushinTin's New black & creme TDI

T D Injection

TDI
Golf GL, 2001, Indigo Blue Pearl
Re: PushinTin\'s New black & creme TDI

-PushinTin
I like it! I realy want a bra for my Golf, (lot's of Texas road rocks
)and the mud flaps too. Where these things added at the dealer? I wonder how tough it would be to put that bra on myself. The tinted windows are nice. Do you know of a good place in DFW I could get mine done?

Pushintin

Veteran Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by turbodirectinjection:
-PushinTin
I like it! I realy want a bra for my Golf, (lot's of Texas road rocks
)and the mud flaps too. Where these things added at the dealer? I wonder how tough it would be to put that bra on myself. The tinted windows are nice. Do you know of a good place in DFW I could get mine done?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I bought the splashguards and bra after I got the car. You will have little problem installing them yourself. The front splashguards were very easy. You remove two torx (#20 I believe) screws and they mount right up. The rear had to have holes drilled, which were easy to do, but it required you to remove the read wheels to have enough space to drill them. I used it to learn how the VW jack works also and it worked quite well. The bra was a little more complicated but following the instruction was pretty easy. No special tools were required. Two snaps in the front fenderwells that are supplied in the kit and no drilling required. I also put the sunroof wind deflector on and it was pretty easy also. Two hooks fit into the channel and the deflector screws into the hooks. The deflector works great and I would highly recommend one. Yea we have a severe rock problem around here with all the road construction going on. Good Luck, this project was fairly easy, as I am no mechanic for sure. I bought all the parts a Metro VW and they can put them on but I don’t know how much they would charge. Had the windows tinted at Alta Mere Tint shops, Metallic Llumar, lifetime guarentee ($250.00) on sale.

2001 Jetta GLS TDI 5-speed
Black and Tan Leather/Lux Monsoon/CD

[ March 27, 2001: Message edited by: Pushintin ]

Idrenak

Originally posted by CFriedriszik:
Well, this is it
:

Very nice. :)

What brand of bra did you get? I bought the LaBra and haven't cut the license out yet? Did yours come precut? The template that is molded into the vinyl is not nearly big enough. I'm a little afraid of cutting it the diminsion of the plate.

Pushintin

Veteran Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Idrenak:
Originally posted by CFriedriszik:
Well, this is it
:

Very nice. :)

What brand of bra did you get? I bought the LaBra and haven't cut the license out yet? Did yours come precut? The template that is molded into the vinyl is not nearly big enough. I'm a little afraid of cutting it the diminsion of the plate.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I bought my Bra from Metro VW also. Yes I had to cut it for the front license plate and the VW bra was a perfect fit.