Purchased TDI 40 days ago

moorsb

TDI
2015 Passat
It is time for me to make my first payment, yet I have no payment book or account setup at VW finance. Is anyone else having a problem getting payment book? I called VW america and they have no record of me. I called the Dealer twice and they are waiting for paperwork. It is really odd that the Dealer had me bring the car back so they could take a picture. Then they said the picture was not good enough and the sent someone to the house. Then they called again about the picture. So I took it and sent it to them rather than drive the 50 miles round trip to the dealer. I got a call from the salesman saying my plates were in. I said I already had them on the car. Are all the dealers this messed up?

MichaelB

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SE DSG
It is time for me to make my first payment, yet I have no payment book or account setup at VW finance. Is anyone else having a problem getting payment book? I called VW America and they have no record of me. I called the Dealer twice and they are waiting for paperwork. It is really odd that the Dealer had me bring the car back so they could take a picture. Then they said the picture was not good enough and the sent someone to the house. Then they called again about the picture. So I took it and sent it to them rather than drive the 50 miles round trip to the dealer. I got a call from the salesman saying my plates were in. I said I already had them on the car. Are all the dealers this messed up?
Wow, never have experienced anything like your story and I have purchased 4 new TDI from dealerships.

moorsb

TDI
2015 Passat
I am not sure if I believe the dealer. He called me today to say VW finance is all backed up in paperwork and he wants me to send the 1st payment to him.

ottomatic

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golfwagen SE 6MT
I am not sure if I believe the dealer. He called me today to say VW finance is all backed up in paperwork and he wants me to send the 1st payment to him.
I would not do that.

BTW I had my oil changed there a couple of years ago. It took 3 hours for just a simple oil change.

moorsb

TDI
2015 Passat
I called Customer Care at VW Corp and they tell me my VIN is not registered to me. I spoke to VW finance and they still have no record of me and they tell me their paperwork is not backed up. There is something odd here, my 1 st payment is going to be late at this point. Is anyone else having this issue on the 2015 TDI purchases?

AlcoC420

Veteran Member
TDI
... I would not do that.
Wise words.

You could request a free credit check moosb at [ https://www.annualcreditreport.com ] (this website is the real deal). If it shows your credit history, it might shed some light on what's going on here.

I'm wondering if the Dealer sneakily set up financing with an entity other than VW Credit and botched the transaction. We just bought a new Golf and VW Credit provided everything we needed in a mailing that arrived one week after purchase.

AlcoC420

Veteran Member
TDI
I suggested the credit check not to check your credit rating, but to check your recent credit history to determine if there's indeed a loan on record. But, yeah, only VW Credit would provide 72 Months @ 0%. Best of luck in getting this sorted out.

ottomatic

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golfwagen SE 6MT
Last edited:

moorsb

TDI
2015 Passat
Yes on 15th street. I am supposed to get an answer from VW care today. I called the Dealer again yesterday, but no one was available to answer my questions. I am wondering what is going on. They did tell me there was 3 cars they were having problems with getting the paper work done.

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
Yes on 15th street. I am supposed to get an answer from VW care today. I called the Dealer again yesterday, but no one was available to answer my questions. I am wondering what is going on. They did tell me there was 3 cars they were having problems with getting the paper work done.
Craziest thing I ever heard.

Hoping nothing hurts your FICO

Good luck

PS: I personally would not send a payment to the dealer.

Last edited:

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I suspect the dealer is behind on paperwork, not VW Credit. At this point I'd just relax, enjoy the car and let them sort things out. You can catch up on the payments when they get their act together.

scrambld

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Jetta...TDI/5spd :) >>>now a '15 Passat TDI/DSG
I called Customer Care at VW Corp and they tell me my VIN is not registered to me. I spoke to VW finance and they still have no record of me and they tell me their paperwork is not backed up.
Sounds like you have a free car.......for now! ;)

moorsb

TDI
2015 Passat
Very Strange, I called VW finance and now they have my account setup and my first payment has been paid. It seems the Dealer paid it and that is why they wanted me to make my first payment to them. I verified the first payment was paid by the Dealer so I reimbursed the Dealer.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
You must have bought car around same time I bought mine(5/16)- I received my welcome packet within a couple weeks,I received a check a couple weeks ago from VW Credit from when they closed out the loan on my 2016 Jetta. I just made an online payment,same login,but had to re-enter my banking info. I still get the monthly statement in mail. Hope you're enjoying your new TDI!