Provent 200 with dual CCV inputs

Curious Chris

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2003 RIP Rockford IL
Well I was an Old Navy CCV tester, then I bought the tdiwagonguys filter, now I have the Provent 200 and it is just awesome. Absolutely no oil in the hose going back to the intake. Note the hose from the hockey puck was up until 2 weeks ago coming from the Old Navy CCV filter which is why it is a little cleaner.

I have the drain of the Provent running through a tube down to the ground, maybe at somepoint I will return it to the sump, but then again maybe I will never get to that.

Gothmolly

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf
Watch for vibration rubbing the CCV puck against the air intake hose. Mine almost wore through before I wrapped some stuff around it.

Choupette98

TDI
Beetle ,98 ,Silver
A simple trick is to turn one end of the tube where's the clamp until the tube will twist a bit and clear the puck ... Have to make a right or left turn you'll see by yourself ... but i think that the filter side is easier to work with !

Mine bust right throught before i notice :mad: got to glue it back !

Last edited:

N_J

Veteran Member
TDI
VW 2002 Golf 5 speed TDI Indigo Blue Pearl
A simple trick is to turn one end of the tube where's the clamp until the tube will twist a bit and clear the puck ... Have to make a right or left turn you'll see by yourself ... but i think that the filter side is easier to work with !

Mine bust right throught before i notice :mad: got to glue it back !

Bump for the tube twist trick.
Been struggling with this for a while.

jjraymo

TDI
ALH Wagon
Well I was an Old Navy CCV tester, then I bought the tdiwagonguys filter, now I have the Provent 200 and it is just awesome. Absolutely no oil in the hose going back to the intake. Note the hose from the hockey puck was up until 2 weeks ago coming from the Old Navy CCV filter which is why it is a little cleaner.

I have the drain of the Provent running through a tube down to the ground, maybe at somepoint I will return it to the sump, but then again maybe I will never get to that.
Any reason you don’t just connect a hose from the ccv to the oil fill? Just curious...