prothe - VW parts vendor ??

Mcgink

Veteran Member
TDI
I-Red,"The Passat formerly known as Harlequin" 97 B4, a non VW GTDI too
Not going to risk it, shipping it back.
I highly recommend sending it back insured and with return receipt requested in the same packing material you got it in. That way, you shouldn't be accused of sending it back broken/damaged. Save/copy all of your corespondence/receipts in-case you need a paper trail for your credit card Co.

The part I returned was only a MAF, but it was still a lesson learned.

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
I finally got around to installing the other A3 lower control arm I ordered some months ago. With both bushings installed in the new Chinese VW stampings it was only a bit more costly than a rear bushing alone. It went in easily.
The coolant pipe for a 1Z/AHU required a bit of cleaning and paint, but it too is holding up just fine.
Will I use him to provide parts again? Probably.
Anything items having moving parts? Probably not.

jchan

Veteran Member
TDI
2002, Jetta, Galatic Blue
Yeah,

I paid with a credit card...

I called the Creditcard company and filed a complaint against them for shipping me the wrong part and for asking me to pay a 15% restock fee, I am going to fight them on that.

I am sending my pump to Rod at DFIS to get it fixed.

Rod at DFIS confirmed what I was afraid of, the manual Core they had sent may have had chinese parts inside, that are not up to specs and ill configured.

I also got a msg from the DieselVW order taker that their test bench had broken and could not send me a pump, said they had to get it fixed, since they had lots of orders...T/F?

-Jason

jchan

Veteran Member
TDI
Good and EVIL Diesel Repair shops...cautionary tale

:mad::mad:EVIL:mad::mad: : DIESELVW.COM aka PROTHE

They got the pump back and charged me a 15% restock fee, on top of the total price, including the core charge, a bunch of theives.

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM....ever.

I am gonna fight that with the CC co.

:):):)GOOD:):):) : DFIS in OREGON

DFIS got my pump today, opened it and started working on it!

Problem: a transfer regulator piece that shattered inside the IP.

Fix: Mark the owner, called me, explained what broke, went into detail
on what needed to get fixed, he was great.

ResultL DFIS will ship it out today...so I will have it back tomorrow.

Summary:UPS nextday cost$...but its worth it....get it to DFIS.

Lesson learned, readup info on WWW.TDICLUB.COM 1st...and foremost.

DIESELVW...aka Prothe is EVIL and you should...STAY AWAY!

-Jason

scurvy

Good Ol' Boy
TDI
2006 Golf

They got the pump back and charged me a 15% restock fee, on top of the total price, including the core charge, a bunch of theives.

Prothe is very proud of his A+ BBB rating. Don't just let the CC company fight this battle. Let it work on two fronts. ;)

Mcgink

Veteran Member
TDI
I-Red,"The Passat formerly known as Harlequin" 97 B4, a non VW GTDI too

Lesson learned, readup info on WWW.TDICLUB.COM 1st...and foremost.

DIESELVW...aka Prothe is EVIL and you should...STAY AWAY!

-Jason
You can prob resolve this with the CC Co with a simple phone-call to them. They will most likely remove the charge from your acct STAT until the issue is resolved. That way, you wouldn't have to pay interest on that portion of the balance. It took me 4 months to get my money back from Prothe and I was begining to think that it would not happen. I had already paid off the balance on my CC, so I had no recourse through them.
Good luck

Last edited:

jchan

Veteran Member
TDI
DFIS is da bomb!

I got my IP back and its shiny:D...

DFIS delivered as promised...looks better than my old IP.

After the exhaust manifold cleaning, its going back in.

fj40dave

TDI
2009 Jetta
Met Mark & Rob at DFIS this weekend during TDIFest 2010......top notch shop and people!!

Sending them some injectors to test (for free!).....and if they need some rebuilding, I know DFIS will get it right :)

tomfoolbee1

TDI
99.5 Jetta tdi Red; 99.5 Bora tdi Green 01 jetta tdi
I bought a new intake from him for only 99 bucks! Installed it to replace my clogged one. Everything is fine! I bought a set of nozzles from him and even after turning my fuel quantity down with vag they still smoke like a freight train but the power is incredible. Some of his stuff is ok. His timing belt actually says on the belt itself 'made in china with japanese rubber' LOL

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
Had a client buy a "bosch" MAF from him. POS.....had the notorious burp at 2300 rpm.

Told him to send it back and charge back if necessary.

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
Your an A**hole....

I've seen 5 wrecked heads in the late 2 years due to you.

And filters coming back? Go F yourself. Filters DON'T FAIL!!!!

BBB....just a bunch of BS.

You have no reputation other than in your feeble little mind. A church man....more scamers and liars out of the church than I care to admit. Sad but true....

Sent bunch of people packing with your crap. always followed up and they NEVER got a dime back. Over 50 of them in the last 2 years.

ninedee_golf_tdi: The quality of a company is the quality of their parts. I still have an A+ rating with the BBB, and over 99% feedback on ebay. If my parts were as bad as posters here think, I wouldn't have those ratings. I sell some of the most thoroughly tested injector pumps in the world. I am one of the only people to test the pumps an Original Bosch Injector Pump Test Bench, and then I install the TDI pumps on a 99 Jetta TDI to test run them on a real car. All of my TDI pumps are tested in this way.

brucebanes: I sell over 100 turbos per month. If the quality of my turbos is as bad as you say, I would have gotten out of the business a long time ago. Further, I HAVE NEVER CHANGED MY NAME. I am still prothe. I am still emiata, though that is being phased out, because I want emiata to be my Miata and BMW convertible window website, but there is still a link to dieselvw.com there. DieselVW.com is still my best website. My contact information is the same at the bottom of all of my websites.

Pcar993: I have never had a single compaint with any of my camshafts.

TDIDaveNH: I sell about 1000 fuel filters per year. Very, very few of them come back. I use them on my own engines. The head bolts are one of my most popular selling items. I did switch suppliers for them late last year.

utekineir

TDI
IV wagon
holy ****,

tried to buy a rebuilt injector pump from what turns out to be this guys website under another name (hansparts.com)

it wouldn't process my sale online and told me to call,

glad I was in a rush and put it off

davebugs

Vendor
TDI
2001 Golf TDI Automatic, MKIV rear axle bushing install tools
holy ****,

tried to buy a rebuilt injector pump from what turns out to be this guys website under another name (hansparts.com)

it wouldn't process my sale online and told me to call,

glad I was in a rush and put it off

Your lucky day!

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
This why reading here is so important. And also why we have TDIclub vendors TDIs need good parts. And they also help keep this site free from pop up ads.

robzuk

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 Golf, 2001 Golf, 1987 Cabrio
Prothe is a REAL piece of work. When I was looking for an AAZ head for my project I skimmed eBay for one. I saw one on there under one of his aliases and I asked where it was made, it had German writing on it. He relied Asia, why not just say China? Shady.:mad:

BeetlePD

Veteran Member
TDI
Beetle 2005
So I guess buying a turbo from Hansautoparts would be a bad idea ;-) The price is only $300 so tempting

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
So I guess buying a turbo from Hansautoparts would be a bad idea ;-) The price is only $300 so tempting

The cheap often turns out to be expensive and with Prothe it is usually very expensive. Is saving a few hundred dollars on a turbo worth an engine? The answer is probably yes, only if your goal is to immediately sell the car to someone you hate. All of his C.R.A.P (Chinese Replacement Auto Parts) are potential time bombs (especially engine parts).

Have Fun!

Don

P.S. You resurrected a 5 year old thread for this? Probably not a bad idea to remind new members to beware of deals too good to be true.

Last edited:

Eyjafjalladylan

TDI
1966 land rover series 2a BHW TDI
I bought a 'rebuilt' Garrett turbo from him, basing off of the good star ratings on eBay. Installed it yesterday, before the car even fired up it was puking oil out the exhaust........ And here i am smacking myself. Just hoping nothing went on the intake side.

Sad i found this thread too late.