Propel Fuels station opens in Sacramento

tditom

Top Post Dawg
TDI
formerly: 2001 Golf GL, '97 Passat (RIP) '98 NB, '05 B5 sedan
Propel Fuels loacation opens in Sacramento

I have no connection with them but am on their mailing list

Try Flex Fuel E85 and Biodiesel B20 for FREE!
We're celebrating the launch of Propel's ninth Clean Fuel Point in Sacramento. Join us and try $10 of Flex Fuel E85 or Biodiesel B20 for free.
Grand Opening Event Details

When:
Tuesday, Sept. 11 - Friday, Sept. 14
9am - 6pm

Address:
1101 Broadway @ Maks' Valero Station
Sacramento, CA 95818

For more information and station locations, visit www.propelfuels.com.

WeLikeBlue

Veteran Member
TDI
2004.5 Passat
But Wait...

I was eagerly anticipating the opening of this station as it's only 6 blocks from my work. Then it opened, and then I was getting ready to make the left turn from Broadway to Riverside when I saw the posted price for B20: $4.63/gal. :mad:

At nearly every other Propel fuel point in the metropolitan area (including the B5 fuel point in Elk Grove) the price was $4.45/gal. So the gouging strategy is clearly to go after the several delivery firms in the 5th Street / Broadway area and their diesel fleets. :mad: :mad:

pinkertonfloyd

Veteran Member
TDI
14' Subie Outback FMR: 12' Jetta TDI/P+N
I was eagerly anticipating the opening of this station as it's only 6 blocks from my work. Then it opened, and then I was getting ready to make the left turn from Broadway to Riverside when I saw the posted price for B20: $4.63/gal. :mad:

At nearly every other Propel fuel point in the metropolitan area (including the B5 fuel point in Elk Grove) the price was $4.45/gal. So the gouging strategy is clearly to go after the several delivery firms in the 5th Street / Broadway area and their diesel fleets. :mad: :mad:

With Propel it depends on when they filled, they have to buy Diesel at Market Rates, and blend in their Bio into it... with Oil Prices so high, a new station will be high, also that location probably has higher than average lease fees. (Propel owns the pumps, and pays the station for them).

Propel keeps installing more B20 :mad:, they have ONE B5 :) station in Roseville/Rocklin (76 Station at Five Star/80) (I think it was $4.59 the other day). I've been hitting them to keep at least one B5 Station open in each area for us VW folks that don't want to push warranty. (Although Propel CLAIMS that if you run B20, and have a problem they'll pay for repairs... but I'm not going to push it).

I just wish they'd put more space between the Diesel and E85 Pump (or put them on opposite sides), as lately E85 has been so cheap I've pulled up to have the line of SUVs, and they're going the opposite side, I've had a few "cut" in front of me as I need to fuel from the other side. Had a few words with an Escalade Owner the other day. (Basically I have to wait for the guy to pull forward, and the next guy swoops in behind them...

Last edited:

WeLikeBlue

Veteran Member
TDI
2004.5 Passat
that location probably has higher than average lease fees. (Propel owns the pumps, and pays the station for them).
Good point... That particular station has always been kinda pricey and they sell regular (Valero) diesel as well.

I just wish they'd put more space between the Diesel and E85 Pump (or put them on opposite sides), as lately E85 has been so cheap I've pulled up to have the line of SUVs, and they're going the opposite side, I've had a few "cut" in front of me as I need to fuel from the other side. Had a few words with an Escalade Owner the other day. (Basically I have to wait for the guy to pull forward, and the next guy swoops in behind them...
The best way I've found to avoid this situation is to fill before 8 am. Most of the SUV owners aren't up yet :rolleyes: