Project: dz.day.c.rad..

jsrmonster

Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
15 Golf SW DSG, RC3 piped, 99.5 Jetta Rocket PD150 6spd 4motion, 2000 ASV110 RC6 "Silverbullet" 5spd Race Car, 2003.5 Cummins QCLB 4x4 "Blue Monster" Jeep CRD juiced, MB Sprinter van juiced up
Well, since you never heard this ECU run a vehicle, I suppose it's always possible, but typically not likely.

But if you want to try a swap, I will offer up (again) my chipped ECU for swappage from my wagon, Sonny!

Kirk
That ecu was tested before it was shipped and worked fine. Did you lift the chips and re-insert them backwards or rotated wrong? You could try your ecu in another car too.

Jeff

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
All TDI's - No gassers! Luxo-Tourer = 13 Passat (hands down, the nicest car we've ever owned), Most fun = MK4 Golf
Thanks for chiming in here Jeff, I don't believe he has taken the ECU cases apart since getting it from you. I'm betting that it's a ground issue as G60ING pointed to.

He is local to me, so if he wants to do some swapping for troubleshooting, we can do that, and at least eliminate any suspicions.

Kirk

n0ftInc

Veteran Member
TDI
'92 Corrado TDI
I'm betting that it's a ground issue as G60ING pointed to.
Bingo. Got it sorted out with some new grounds and she came to life. Been working on the smaller stuff to get it all buttoned up..

Changed out my VDO probe for a longer, more sensative one..

Added a MBC to control any boost spikes..

Interior got switched out to Leathers with Eurobelts..

Also got the OEM Keyless wired in..

It's been running well, so I took it for a couple hour drive out to the local TDI GTG this past weekend..a few pictures while it was there.

Haven't made it through a full tank yet, but if my gauge is reading correctly I should be around the 850 mile mark on this first tank.

22r2TDI

TDI
ALH
Awesome! that thing looks sick! I love it. Good job.

What EGT probe are you running? I have the VDO and it's slow to react.

n0ftInc

Veteran Member
TDI
'92 Corrado TDI
Going onto my 4th tank and everything seems to be running well. I have run into a small problem 3 or 4 times now where I think the car is going into "limp" mode.. I am not getting any CEL, but I'll max at about 3-4psi; a quick recycle of the ignition and it's back to normal. Anything specific I should look for? N75?

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No TDIs Currently, I have an R36 Corrado. I've had an ALH Corrado swap, AHU Corrado swap and 2003 TDI Jetta
Sounds like a boost deviation code. Scan the car and see if one is present but not triggering the CEL. Check the vacuum lines all of them for proper routing and any wear also check the VNT actuator for movement.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Sweet project! Definitely scan the computer to see what the code is for... there should be one set even though it didn't trigger the CEL.

n0ftInc

Veteran Member
TDI
'92 Corrado TDI
I purchased a remanufactured 11mm pump. It looks fine, but there seems to be a glob of RTV on the bottom plug that worries me. Has anyone else ever gotten a pump back and had this done to it? I inquired with the vendor and got a response of "that's normal procedure".

I have a warranty, but I'd hate to put it on and have issues that could have been avoided from the beginning..

k_harley

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI, 2005 Audi S4, 1997 Audi A4 Race car, 2004 Passat TDI 6MT 4motion
I purchased a remanufactured 11mm pump. It looks fine, but there seems to be a glob of RTV on the bottom plug that worries me. Has anyone else ever gotten a pump back and had this done to it? I inquired with the vendor and got a response of "that's normal procedure".

I have a warranty, but I'd hate to put it on and have issues that could have been avoided from the beginning..

Please tell me it wasnt Prothe.....

Awsome car and build BTW!!!

n0ftInc

Veteran Member
TDI
'92 Corrado TDI
Well, it's been a while since the last update..whoa! Let's recap a little..

We managed to almost lose the crank sprocket last summer, so a new (to me) crank and pinned sprocket were installed.

The car ran fantastic for about 3 days till it locked up on the highway..boo. So, out came the motor again.

I was pretty surprised to see this:

I'm concerned about the cause. All of the bearings look great. It appears maybe to be an overheating issue, but the car was running cool. I'm thinking it might be good to send out the injectors for a lookover? The piston above was from cylinder 4. Cylinder 2 had some scuffs near the middle of the skirt, and the other two appeared to look great.

In my research I have read 1Z pistons are considered to be not very strong, so I picked up some replacements..

That's about all for now.

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
82 rabbit vnt ahu, 98 jetta vnt ahu, 05 parts car, 88 scirocco.. :/
melted 1z pistons strike again ;) sorry to see that