Problems again...

GWbiker

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf S TDI 4dr.
Sick patient is a '15 Golf TDI S. last summer around this time is was a bad A/C compressor....:(

Today, I get the dreaded "Engine" light. Not flashing, but a steady light, so off to the dealer I go for a check. Gotta' leave it.

Dealer calls me. The AD fluid pump has several sensors and one of them went kaput. The exhaust system also had a sensor that got Kaput....:mad:

(For those not in the know, "Kaput" is German for FUBAR)

So, parts coming in from LA and I might get the Golf back early next week.

When the buy back circus comes to town, they will get the Golf back.

(Wish I had stayed with Honda)

WolfsburgGolfTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
MK VI Golf TDI
Asian cars aren't perfect either. A friend has a 2010 Toyota where there was a clicking noise in the steering column that went bad and had to get a new steering column. AC went out with less than 70k miles on it. Rear brake caliper seized around the same time too. :eek:Goes to show that they are not perfect, put gas and change oil only cars. :D

Is the dealer at least giving you a loaner car while your car is in the shop?

GWbiker

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf S TDI 4dr.
Asian cars aren't perfect either. A friend has a 2010 Toyota where there was a clicking noise in the steering column that went bad and had to get a new steering column. AC went out with less than 70k miles on it. Rear brake caliper seized around the same time too. :eek:Goes to show that they are not perfect, put gas and change oil only cars. :D

Is the dealer at least giving you a loaner car while your car is in the shop?
No loaner as I am able to drive the car, according to service manager.
I'll just use the motorcycle for a few days. GF has a car, too.

Yes, car is still under warranty. (8,500 miles)

AdBlue pump is the affected item to be replaced, along with one exhaust sensor.

My '06 Honda Accord I traded in required a set of tires, a couple of batteries and one window lift replacement in the seven years of ownership. However, fuel mileage was terrible, therefor the move to a Diesel.

WolfsburgGolfTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
MK VI Golf TDI
Thats unfortunate.. my dealer didnt give me a loaner when they kept the car over night when I had a frozen intercooler this past winter. Luckily a friend lent me is mk6 jetta gasser..
That's terrific. Didn't those tend to have bad transmissions once they got to the higher mileage? I digress.. My brother has a 03 Accord 5m and it might have 117k and that thing burns oil like crazy! not sure if he's gonna hold on to it much longer

GWbiker

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf S TDI 4dr.
Thats unfortunate.. my dealer didnt give me a loaner when they kept the car over night when I had a frozen intercooler this past winter. Luckily a friend lent me is mk6 jetta gasser..
That's terrific. Didn't those tend to have bad transmissions once they got to the higher mileage? I digress.. My brother has a 03 Accord 5m and it might have 117k and that thing burns oil like crazy! not sure if he's gonna hold on to it much longer
Some Honda Accord owners had automatic transmission issues. My Accord was a V6 6-Speed manual. Of course I took a $500- hit on trade in value.

It was a good roomy car, but fuel mileage was no where near what I get with the Golf TDI. And what I don't get is: CARB and the EPA claim Diesel is a "dirty" motor....:confused:

GWbiker

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf S TDI 4dr.
Problems (Update)

I got my '15 Golf TDI S back this afternoon. Sensors were replaced and a electrical cable under drivers side was repaired. I was told "pack rats" or critters of the kind were chewing on the wiring. That too, was repaired under warranty.

So, I take the car and drive about four miles and the "check engine" lite comes on.....again.....:mad:

Golf goes back to the dealer Tuesday. I can't wait for the VW buy back program to begin.

I like the Turbo Diesel concept, but I'm about done with the "Peoples car".

GWbiker

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf S TDI 4dr.
Fresh update..

Got a call from VW service dept, my '15 Golf TDI is repaired. Problem was a defective Adblue pump replacement that was installed a few days ago. I got two miles before the check engine light came on again.

Since the pump was no longer cleaning the exhaust, I'm wondering just how many human and plant lives were lost due to my pumping out dirty exhaust.

Loaner was a '16 Passat basic model. Drove nice and lot's of power (Turbo) and plenty of room. More comfortable riding on bumpy roads, also. Fuel (RUG) mileage on the highway was a average high of 38MPG, which is about what I get with the TDI in city driving.

I got to drive a '16 Prius C yesterday. Fantastic fuel mileage claim on RUG, (58MPG) but a "hobby horse" ride on bad roads.

I got a month to decide on what I'll buy to replace the Golf TDI.