Price to tint pano roof?

upsbroke

Veteran Member
TDI
98 NB and '13 JSW
It's time to look into tint for pano roof on the JSW but my local guy want $250 to tint the pano? That seems crazy to me even though he says he's using Crystalline reflective tint. Am I wrong? What did you guys pay to have the pano tinted?

Last edited:

sootchucker

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf
that is crazy. do it yourself its not that hard... you can spend less than 250 on a couple pieces of pre made tint and practice once or twice.

upsbroke

Veteran Member
TDI
98 NB and '13 JSW
that is crazy. do it yourself its not that hard... you can spend less than 250 on a couple pieces of pre made tint and practice once or twice.
I've seen plenty of DIY tinting, especially with cheap inferior tint. Plus this has to be a quality reflective tint as not to shatter the glass from excess heat. :)

iamatt

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta 6 Speed manual
Hell yeah that is ridiculous. I had my whole car tinted dark ( after hours cash) for.250 with ceramic.

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk

SkiBumJH

TDI
2009 JSW, sold back 11/17, 2012 Jetta Sportwagen
Answered this on the other thread... get a metallic tint as dark as you prefer. Way cheaper than ceramic/crystalline; which is NOT what you need for the roof. Guy is upselling you on the wrong application.
Spend the chumpchange or try and do it as well as a Pro.

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914
Put. Lumar ceranic 15% on the top & rear/back windows, 30% on front. Perfect with huge heat reduction. Spent $530 but lifetime warranty, well worth it. Ive tinted other cars myself and the main lesson that it tought me was DO NOT go cheap on the tint material!

Some types have isssues with blocking electronics. Research your pick.