ppd170 cold start after recall ? smoke

kilner

Veteran Member
TDI
golf gt tdi sport ppd170
had the injectors changed under the vw recall about 10 months ago and the car is very bad at starting from cold

it fires up as soon as you turn the key but its very rough and blue smoke out the back giv it a tad of throttle and its fine

also if i start it with AC active it minimizes the rough idle to a more smooth but still not amazing idle and still some blue smoke

inj quantity at cold start is around

0.04 0.61 0.08 0.63

then as it warms

0.04 0.32 0.08 0.37

any ideas ? thanks

kilner

Veteran Member
TDI
golf gt tdi sport ppd170
well the torsion value before the change was -0.53 and after the change its 1.64

i carnt confirm if it was imidiatly after the recall but ther's a few people thats had the change and experiancing the same problem

this is a link to a car that has allmost identical problem to me but i would say mine is slightly more severe as i hav to giv it some throttle for 5 seconds to make sure it dosent brake itself from the engine mount

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgZhNy-Ptgw&feature=channel&list=UL

kilner

Veteran Member
TDI
golf gt tdi sport ppd170
they told me ther is an ecu update they need to do but as i hav done mods i carnt hav the ecu updated

DPF OFF

kilner

Veteran Member
TDI
golf gt tdi sport ppd170
JBS

hahahah i dont think so wouldent let thoss scammers scam me again

kilner

Veteran Member
TDI
golf gt tdi sport ppd170
Barnsley :). Allrdy had a qwick visit to darkside but curently been tuned by some one else atm hes done wat ive asked so far so dont want to change again untill im let down or lied to if any of the above happens then ill switch

But for now hes prity good with this engine or seems to be ive got a hybrid turbo on it now and i need the 4bar map sensor so i can run 29 to 31 psi as it just stuters like hell at anything above 27psi common problem with this amazing siemens ecu :D

kilner

Veteran Member
TDI
golf gt tdi sport ppd170
Living in athersly at the moment its black with black neuspeed wheels r32spoiler skirts and rear valance with milltek center exit wind deflectors and tinted headlights with a matt blaxk gt grill and a cheap ebay votex splitter i need an oem ed30 spliter as this is prity bad