powering up of infotainment unit?

copperbeech

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 TDI MT Sportwagon.
There are times when it seems to power up on its own when one starts the car and one see the VW logo arise on the screen. But other instances I have to depress the power/volume knob on the unit to have it come up. What is supposed to happen?

andyman7931

TDI
14 tiguan, 15 golf, 99 jetta/g3f
mine reverts to the last known state, if it was off when I stopped it will be off when I start the car. Usually it stays on so it will power up when the car starts without needing intervention.

copperbeech

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 TDI MT Sportwagon.
if it was off when I stopped it will be off when I start the car.
I will have to pay attention to this...maybe this is what I am observing.
But I know sometimes that it has not returned to the most recent station but rather something seemingly random :confused:.

Shife

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SE DSG White/Beige
I've noticed the same thing. I also notice that the splash screens when it turns on are very intermittent. Sometimes it is the VW logo. Sometimes it is the Fender Premium Audio logo. Sometimes it is a combination VW/Fender image. Sometimes there is no splash screen at all.

Very hokey software.

TDI73

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI
I will have to pay attention to this...maybe this is what I am observing.
But I know sometimes that it has not returned to the most recent station but rather something seemingly random :confused:.
There is a TSB for that (FM radio frequency occasionally resetting back to 87.7 (the lowest frequency on the FM band) when the radio is powered up.)

Thanks to Michael Moore :
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=435451 post #13