power steering pump relocation

Dave 04

TDI
99.5 and 2003 tdi jetta
Hey, guys I know on any mk4 Jettas of golfs or beetles the gas versions the power steering pump is usually on the bottom where the compressor would be, I deleted the ac in my 2003 Jetta tdi for reasons and I have a fatter aluminum radiator and intercooler. Whenever I bolt on the core support to tighten it, the hardline on the power steering line starts going into the fan shroud halfway into bolting the core support onto the car. Has anyone tried relocating the power steering pump to where the ac compressor would be, let me know your thoughts, it’s either that or imma have to go to a shop that can make me a custom power steering line that is flexible so it won’t rub or dent into the fan shroud or radiator.

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
I think his point was that the line coming off the PS pump is different on the BEW; maybe getting one of those and seeing if it can be routed to your liking is a solution.

Zak99b5

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI
What does that mean
It means do it how Al Franken would.

but really, putting together parts from different motors in a way that works. Like what Frankenstein did with body parts.

Curious as to why you have a thicker radiator. It’s not like the stocker is short on cooling capacity.

mittzlepick

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 jetta wagon (365k)2001 wagon tire burner 6spd 2003 wagon(417k)
So the ac delete is what delete pulley? I'm guessing you have a front mount intercooler? I have pd alh and 2.slow and 1.8t in the yard i could investigate the differences. If its just the line convert it somehow. Sounds like some fun with math