Power steering out after Battery change

Hoboshonuff

TDI
Passat R Line
I changed the battery in My 2017 Passat R line yesterday. After the swap I tried cranking and noticed the rpms were running at 1500 instead of the normal 1000. There are also several dash lights on now and no power steering. Any ideas on how to correct this or even what the problem may be? Lights on dash are as follows.

Red power steering light, amber electronic steering control light, amber tire pressure monitoring system light, amber check engine light.

Hoboshonuff

TDI
Passat R Line
It's normal.

Drive it around the block and they should all clear themselves
I called my local VW dealership and that’s what the Tech told me to do it didn’t work I drove it around for about 30 minutes. The battery light actually came on during the drive also.

Hoboshonuff

TDI
Passat R Line
No although they definitely need to change the color of their battery cables. If I hadn't payed attention when I unhooked it I would have. Why they thought it was a good idea to have the negative cable almost red I have no idea

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
It is brown. Same as most German cars have used for ground since.... well... ever? Brown = dirt = earth = ground. I always thought this was somewhat handy to remember.

In any event, check the fuse links. Front end or side of the underhood fuse box. On the later cars, the links are not separated but are part of a large fusible bus bar. I think they call it a 'multi-fuse' and there are several different ones possible, but the part number is usually on it.

It'll be something like 5C0-957-629-A or B or F or whatever yours is.