Power Mirrors not working

Knoxville

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta BEW
I noticed this morning that my mirrors are not working on my 2011 Jetta TDI. I can turn the switch to Left or Right and neither will move. I thought about checking the fuse, but I have no idea which fuse it is and there is a bunch of them under the dash panel. Has anyone else ran into this or can you point me in the direction of which fuse is for the mirrors?

I live 2 hours from the dealer. If I was closer, I'd just take it to them b/c I'm at only 30,000 miles.

Thanks.

Knox

Knoxville

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta BEW
No, the mirrors have zero movement when the switch is on the L and the R. I'll check out the manual on the way home.

Knoxville

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta BEW
I looked all through the manual that came with the car and it has nothing about a wiring diagram or fuse identifier. I took my ohm meter and checked continuity through 98% of the fuses under the dash and then checked the power box under the hood and all have continuity with no signs of anything looking burnt or blown.

Any ideas?

MF1160

TDI
2015 BMW X5 35d xline
After I posted the above link I tried to find the fuse for the mirrors,
I could not find it.
Not sure at this point
I'll look later at the wiring harness diagram and see if I can find it

Knoxville

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta BEW
Thanks. Please let me know what you find out. If I need to go to the dealer, then so be it, but I don't care to drive 2 hours, sit in there for 3 hours waiting and waste half a day if I can avoid it. It's not like I'm changing the mirrors every day but it would be nice to get the issue solved before it gets frosty out.

MF1160

TDI
2015 BMW X5 35d xline
The fuse is F45 located under the dashpanel.
This is a 30 amp fuse that controls Driver door control unit -J386-depending of if you have low line or high line equipment, the following are protected by F45:

Front left window regulator switch,
Rear left window regulator switch, in driver door,
Rear right window regulator switch, in driver door,
Front right window regulator switch in driver door,
Childproof lock button,
Rear lid remote release button,
Driver side interior locking button for central locking system,
Driver door control unit,
Driver side interior locking warning lamp
Mirror adjustment switch,
Mirror adjustment changeover switch,
Exterior mirror heater button,
Fold-in mirror switch,
Fuel tank flap release button,
Mirror adjustment switch illumination bulb
Driver side mirror adjustment motor,
Driver side fold-in mirror motor,
Driver side mirror adjustment motor,
Driver side automatic anti-dazzle exterior mirror
Driver door contact switch,
Driver side central locking lock unit,
Driver door central locking motor

Most likely not the fuse as you would have several other driver door related inoperative items.

Knoxville

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta BEW
I agree if the fuse controls all of those items, then it's definitely not the fuse. Could it be anything related to removing/installing the doors? I had to have the doors removed so that the door jam/rocker panels could be painted due to an big freaking "OOPS" that happened at the dealer.

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
I agree if the fuse controls all of those items, then it's definitely not the fuse. Could it be anything related to removing/installing the doors? I had to have the doors removed so that the door jam/rocker panels could be painted due to an big freaking "OOPS" that happened at the dealer.
There's your answer. If the mirrors worked fine prior to door removal, take irt back to the dealer to fix their screw up.

Last edited:

MKCuscg

TDI
2002 VW Jetta TDI & 2008 VW Jetta Wolfsburg
Power Mirrors fuse? Relay?

Has anyone found a solution to this issue...just bought a 2008 and the mirrors aren't able to be adjusted. Everything else seems to be working correctly. Figured it may be a fuse, relay or the actual switch...due to being both mirrors. Any fuse diagram or relay diagram would be greatly appreciated...:confused:

mac5155

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta
My mirror switch snapped off one morning. Try replacing the switch.

camseelye

TDI
2014 Sportwagen
Thank you everyone! Mine were not working and after reading this and realizing that it was not a fuse, I pulled the plastic cover off by hand and it has come unplugged somehow. I plugged it back in and now, it works fine.