Post your TDI sightings here!!

zocco

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf GLS TDI
My twin passed me on the Baltimore Beltway!!!

Saw my twin today on the west side of the baltimore beltway...Silver Golf with a Biodiesel sticker.

Yours: VA plates, club plate frame
Mine: MD plates

Happy 2008!

McBrew

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Golf GLS TDI, 5 speed, Silver/Grey
Silver Golf w/ club plate frame South bound RT 2 in Arnold down towards the South River. You lost me on the 50 bridge. I pulled next to you @ the 450 & Forest Dr. lights I was in the Ford truck. Nice looking & running car. You were movin on the bridge. What programing are you running?
Oh, that was me! I remember a truck honking at me at that intersection... just thought it was one of my customers.

My engine (unfortunately) is completely stock. I tried to chip it a few years ago, but the clutch slipped too much. I usually don't drive too fast... I must have been in a hurry that day.

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
owned: 96 B4V, 06 Golf, 12 NMS, 15 GSW
McBrew said:
Oh, that was me! I remember a truck honking at me at that intersection... just thought it was one of my customers.

My engine (unfortunately) is completely stock. I tried to chip it a few years ago, but the clutch slipped too much. I usually don't drive too fast... I must have been in a hurry that day.
Does your plate start with the letters MME? I passed a silver Golf TDI with club plates, 5 brake-light mod, and aftermarket dual-tip exhaust on Rt-2 southbound in Severna Park about 20 minutes ago.

n1das

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2014 BMW 535xd ///M-Sport, 2012 BMW X5 Xdrive35d, former 3x TDI owner
What: Maroon colored Mercedes E320 BLUETEC sedan.

Where: Tulley Buick/VW/BMW/Mazda dealer in Nashua, NH. Had a NH dealer plate on it.

Not a VW TDI siting but still a siting of a modern turbodiesel car! :cool:

btcost

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 JSW, '00 Jetta (totaled 12/23/10), 1987 M-B 300D
2 sightings is 30 seconds!!!

Walking up New York Ave in Framingham, MA @ 1:30pm today.

First a red A3 Jetta then a Black A4 Jetta

back to back!!

I was walking to my Green A4 parked at the corner!

this is bye the Bose and Genzyme HQ's

McBrew

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Golf GLS TDI, 5 speed, Silver/Grey
Does your plate start with the letters MME? I passed a silver Golf TDI with club plates, 5 brake-light mod, and aftermarket dual-tip exhaust on Rt-2 southbound in Severna Park about 20 minutes ago.
No, not me. Schultzy, maybe?

tas

Veteran Member
TDI
jetta 2001 baltic green
white jetta tdi at market basket in hudson n.h i parked to your left sunday..
tom

midntdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SE 6SP
Saw a MK3 in frot of St. Johns college this morning with a drive vegetarian sticker o nthe front ad a WVO (I think) on the back

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
midntdi said:
Saw a MK3 in frot of St. Johns college this morning with a drive vegetarian sticker o nthe front ad a WVO (I think) on the back
I see that one all the time on my way to Starbucks on Dock St.

vwlogue

Veteran Member
TDI
7th VW: 2011 SportWagen TDI & 6th: 2000 Golf TDI
zocco said:
Saw my twin today on the west side of the baltimore beltway...Silver Golf with a Biodiesel sticker.
Yours: VA plates, club plate frame
Mine: MD plates
Happy 2008!
I honked just as you were exiting. I was on my way to Jeff/RC.

Safe driving!

zocco

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf GLS TDI
vwlogue said:
....I was on my way to Jeff/RC.
Nice....alright, give it up....what stage? still giving you smiles? how's the MPG's?

And btw, where do you normally get your bio?

emile

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Golf GLS TDI 5-Speed, Reflex Silver
roundup

a few recent sightings:

last wednesday afternoon on school st in watertown, ma, a black mkIV jetta, debadged, with a surf board on top. sounded like an ALH. I was on foot.

last thursday night, heading into worcester, ma (so it was either the pike, 495, or 290, they all blend together after you've done it enough) a green new beetle /re/badged with a TDI logo. passed you in the "fast" lane at about 15mph.

daily, arsenal on the charles, watertown. there are a number of TDIs that park around the AOTC. Today i spotted a blue mkIV golf near the athena bldg, and there is almost always a silver mkIV golf in the garage. who are these people? none of them have the license plate frames...

btcost

Veteran Member
TDI
N1das saw you parked today along New York Ave in Framingham!

I am working the Genzyme building up the street.

same lot I saw a blue Golf with steel wheels also a NH plate.

I work 6-2:30 so you were probably still slaving away

see you next time.

btcost

Veteran Member
TDI
got out before the "good stuff" was moved in!

not sure how safe I am now. . . this is an occupied Genzyme building!

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
There was a TDI parade today on the Chesapeake Bay Bridge eastbound at 4:30pm. Four of us happened to be at the same place at the same time. I passed a gray A5 Jetta TDI with Delaware plates and apparently an automatic as the driver had his right hand behind his head throughout the stop and go right after the tolls all the way across the bridge. Just in front of him was a gray B5 Passat TDI sedan, Maryland plates, that got off at the first exit on Kent Island, and right in front of that was a white A5 Jetta TDI company car from MarylandTruck.com.

TheGrove

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SEL Premium Opera Red - Dieselgate Fix, KermaTDI Tune, 2004 Passat GLS Northern Green-RIP
Hagerstown MD - Passat

2/14 @ 5:45 pm at I-70 & I-81. There was a blue 2004/2005 Passat TDI, Virginia plates. I was the green Passat that came up behind and passed you.

emile

Veteran Member
TDI
dark blue passat wagon, eastbound on the pike last friday around 6. no, wasn't IBW or one of the jettersprintas...

jmasciulli

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 VW Golf TDI S DSG, 2004 VW Golf GLS TDI (sold 2014)
Black A5 Jetta on NJTP

I was passed by a black A5 Jetta TDI on the NJ Turnpike this morning. He was definitely going too fast to get good mileage!:p

jmasciulli

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 VW Golf TDI S DSG, 2004 VW Golf GLS TDI (sold 2014)
Dark color A4 Jetta TDI at Philly IKEA

I saw a dark color A4 Jetta TDI with DE plates in the Philly IKEA parking lot this past Saturday. I was unsure of the color, because I only caught it for a moment. It was definitely a TDI, but I was unsure of the color.

tdinjbeetle

TDI
99' Beetle TDI - Greasecar conv. (currently disabled).
TDI Sticker

I need to find a TDI sticker for my beetle, so I can get noticed around here.........anyway... I see a golf tdi - dark blue around '95 ish with NY plates on the thruway occaisionally.

vtyankee

TDI
2006.5 Jetta Package 1 Campanella White
I pulled into the Irving station at exit 8 on I91 in VT to get the N.Y. Times (there are no good newspapers in VT) and I saw a black 2005-2006 TDi as we drove past each other he gave me the thumbs up, which I returned! :cool:

emile

Veteran Member
TDI
mkV badging too small!

i saw a white mkV jetta with ohio plates heading eastbound on the pike last night, about 11:30. didn't know it was a tdi untill we hit the toll plaza because i just can't read the new badging from further than 15 feet away in a moving vehicle...

mk4gasm

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Golf
Blue_Hen_TDI said:
There was a TDI parade today on the Chesapeake Bay Bridge eastbound at 4:30pm. Four of us happened to be at the same place at the same time. I passed a gray A5 Jetta TDI with Delaware plates and apparently an automatic as the driver had his right hand behind his head throughout the stop and go right after the tolls all the way across the bridge. Just in front of him was a gray B5 Passat TDI sedan, Maryland plates, that got off at the first exit on Kent Island, and right in front of that was a white A5 Jetta TDI company car from MarylandTruck.com.
next time youre down here take the monitor merrimack once or twice