Post Your Dynos Here Ii

btcost

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 JSW, '00 Jetta (totaled 12/23/10), 1987 M-B 300D

sorry I am learning how to post pics. feel free to "help me out" by posting the pic for me!
2000 Jetta, mods in sig.

Farfromovin

Torque Addict
TDI
03 Golf 2dr- PD150 6m
btcost, you're missing the 11mm, intake mani, pd150 TIP... That should get you another 15 horse on that conservative dyno!

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
MikeyF, you need more fuel and more boost. 11mm pump, PP502s, RC5, you'll gain 30 HP. But that's a nice result, good dyno. Get up to NH and get your tune upgraded on Saturday.

mikeyF

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 silver Golf
IndigoBlueWagon said:
MikeyF, you need more fuel and more boost. 11mm pump, PP502s, RC5, you'll gain 30 HP. But that's a nice result, good dyno. Get up to NH and get your tune upgraded on Saturday.
planning on it! hopefully will be upgrading the fuel pump over the winter as well...

btcost

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 JSW, '00 Jetta (totaled 12/23/10), 1987 M-B 300D
Farfromovin said:
btcost, you're missing the 11mm, intake mani, pd150 TIP... That should get you another 15 horse on that conservative dyno!

Oh I know what I can do. . .

but $$2G's for 15 HP is steep!!!! I will chill with the power mods for now. time for suspension and comfort

Last edited:
F

ftlbs

mikeyF said:
oh nice! did you get a chance to run on saturday? get the car to a dyno-able height?!?
After raising the front earlier in the day, I figured that would be fine. However, once the dyno operator backed onto the dyno the rear of the car was contacting the tie downs. I raised the rear after that and made it just in time to dyno.

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
Yeah, Scaling! That's what I need. Scale this graphic from 0 to 200 instead of the present 0 to 400 to accentuate the vertical and make the stock automatic appear more stout.

Lex4TDI4Life

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf-Ute TDI GLS 5spd Manual
Here's mine from this past weekend. I am very pleased. Would love to get to 150hp, but I am sure a new turbo will be required:

jaydogg007

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta TDI
Any dynos on an 09 out there?

Sootman said:
It'll be fun to see the 1st '09 on the dyno with and without tuning.
** Sootman, hope you don't mind me jacking your post from the oil analysis thread **

I've been looking through this thread and came up with nothing for an 09 dyno. Anyone have one to share?

I know a few of us with 09s are slated to dyno at the DFW Meet on 11/22. I kinda wanted a baseline to which I can compare mine when it's done. They should all be similar....just curious.

j...

jaydogg007

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta TDI
Dyno on an 09 TDI with DSG

CLICK FOR PDF

Dyno was done last weekend in Ft Worth with DSG in 4th gear.

Guys at the dyno thought that my DSG was sucking down torque and Hp. Another thought....perhaps the DSG or the onboard computer limits torque.

I have about 8K miles on the car right now.

Zlartibartfast dyno'ed his 09 SportWagen. He put down close to what a stock 09 CR should. Z - can you post your dyno here for comparison?

I looked around the forum & the web. I can't find any technical data on the DSG gear ratios.

I found gear ratio data on VW.com. I think this may be for the 6-sp manual / regular slushbox.

Gear Ratios:
1st 3.78 / 4.04
2nd 2.12 / 2.37
3rd 1.36 / 1.56
4th 0.96 / 1.16
5th 0.77 / 0.85
6th/ 0.76
Reverse 3.6 / 3.19
Final 3.65 / 3.88

1. Has anyone else seen this much power/torque loss at the wheels in a DSG equipped car?

2. Can my DSG or other computer control be "tuned" to deliver more to the wheels? Torque limit for "early" DSG is 258 ft-lbs according to myturbodiesel.com.

3. Does anyone know of a a dyno local to Houston? Just to confirm. I prefer plots of TQ & HP as a function of engine speed rather than mph.

4. Would I lose any torque & HP increase from a tune to the DSG?

No black came out of my tail pipes. Guess the DPF caught all of it. I should have hooked up a VAG COM to see if it went through a regen soon after my run.

Thanks!
j...

** Edited dyno image for clarity....I think... lemme know if it's more clear **
** Also added a link to a PDF **

Last edited:

jaydogg007

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta TDI
aNUT said:
Nothing, just clarifying for those that had trouble reading the fine print.
I tried to sharpen and enlarge the image. My scanner at home isn't very good at converting to jpg. So I posted a PDF and linked to my original post.

j...

jaydogg007

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta TDI
Zlartibartfast said:
got it right here:

Jay your curve is a lot smoother than mine - DSG absorbing the "bumps"?

Turkey has got me feeling sleepy (FTR: not Wild Turkey)
Great, thanks!!

No, the DSG only absorbed HP & TQ. :confused: Kidding.....
**in case the DSG police are monitoring**

Seriously though, both our dynos wer done in 4th gear. Might just be noise dampening? Just my initial thought.

Sootman

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI
ibanix said:
Man those are some bumpy graphs...
Probably the result of a high sampling rate. I've seen similar in the past, then had the operator smooth it on the computer program.

beetle98

Veteran Member
TDI
99 Beetle TDi
Surely the DSG being a direct shift gearbox dosent have that kind of driveline losses. Could it be just the wrong gear for the DSG? It only got to like 84 mph where the manual was closer to 110 mph. Just curious how were they picking up RPM's?

jaydogg007

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta TDI
Don't think they were picking up RPMs. I know he tried using an optical sensor to some of the cars. He did not use it on mine. I assume the speed is calculated by the dyno.

I wonder the same thing about the DSG being in the wrong gear. He did it in fourth. I've been looking for some gear ratios for DSG.

j....

beetle98

Veteran Member
TDI
99 Beetle TDi
If they were not picking up RPM's and gave you a tq number it had to be based off some sort of calculation that could have been wrong. Chad

SBAtdijetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'10 Jetta Cup 6spd, '02 Jetta Auto
jaydogg007 said:
Don't think they were picking up RPMs. I know he tried using an optical sensor to some of the cars. He did not use it on mine. I assume the speed is calculated by the dyno.

I wonder the same thing about the DSG being in the wrong gear. He did it in fourth. I've been looking for some gear ratios for DSG.

j....
beetle98 said:
If they were not picking up RPM's and gave you a tq number it had to be based off some sort of calculation that could have been wrong. Chad
J, they were using an optical RPM pickup. They could also display the graphs in RPM readout, I had them do this for my graphs when I looked at them, but I have no idea why they printed everyone's graphs back on the MPH readout...??

Zlartibartfast

Veteran Member
TDI
SOLD 2009 Jetta Sportwagen
gear ratios

It seems that there is no true 1:1 in either the stick nor automatic transmissions. Numbers from VW.COM:

1st 3.77 (3.46)
2nd 2.09 (2.05)
3rd 1.32 (1.30)
4th 0.98 (0.90)
5th 0.98 (0.91)
6th 0.81 (0.76)
Final I 3.45 (4.12)
Final II 2.76 (3.04)

The left column is manual, the right is auto. the specs chart does not specify whether the auto is a DSG. I don't know why there are 2 final drive ratios (double overdrive?)
However, it seems pretty clear that 4th in the manual is not the same as 4th in the automatic

Bob_Fout

Oil Wanker
TDI
2003 Jetta - Alaska Green (sold) / 2015 GTI 2.0T
Even the "old" 5-speeds' 4th gear was not true 1:1, it was 0.98, close enough for what we're doing.

Grede

Veteran Member
TDI
Skoda Citigo, Hyundai I30 1.6diesel
hi all.
im upping some dyno from a friend of mine - Skodacombi, who also is a user on this forum.

Well fist off.
The car i at 1.9TDI ATD 101bhp skodacombi.
5speed manual
First dyno is done with
Standard PD101 engine supported mods:
PD130 injectors
PD130 intake
PD150 turbo (GT1749VB unit)
3" downpipe
FMIC stock piping size.

Second dyno, the VB unit is changed with a 1852 turbo. and added water/methanol injection.
The black line is done without water/meth and the redline is done with water/meth.
Please note that there where is a 10% increase i touqe from 480nm to 530nm. Max power is also done with less rpm's