Post holiday GTG at Hooters in Fox Valley Aurora Jan 8th?

D-Cell_Mekanick

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Honda Civic SE
Is anyone interested in getting together at Hooters in Aurora on January 8th maybe 6pm or so? (I was going to post this up about three weeks ago but I've been busy with work and family obligations.) I tried to do this before but it seemed as though no one was interested.
Let me know if your interested and we can get this set up.

Happy Holidays!

Edit:

I had a scheduling conflict with this date and a birthday party for my daughter. So unfortunately I won't be making it to the GTG. But please don't let this stop you guys from continuing on with it.

I hope to do this again in the near future. Again sorry.

Jason

Last edited:

05.tdi.guy

TDI
2005 Golf TDI GLS
I am going to mark my calendar and plan to show as well. Please confirm as we get closer. Looking forward to catching up with like minded TDI owners.

oswegoPD

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TSI, 2013 Passat 6M sold, 2012 Jetta Premium DSG sold, 2004 Jetta GL 5M (sold)
I will try and make it.

Eric

All of Us

Ian's Dad
TDI
2015 NMS Passat SE TDI "Gin" 2006 A5 New Jetta TDI "Graycie" and 2003 A4 Jetta GLS TDI "Liath"
Jason, et al:

I've also put this GTG on my calendar. Looking forward to seeing familiar faces and meeting new folks too!

Dan

BKmetz

Administrator, Member #10
Staff member
TDI
2015 Passat, titanium beige, 6MT
I'm open so at this point it's all weather permitting.

Now we have to get DZ in on this.

:)

scurvy

Good Ol' Boy
TDI
2006 Golf
I'm in. The food is crap, the waitresses interchangeable and sporting Oompa-Loompa spray tans, but at least the conversation should be bearable!

D-Cell_Mekanick

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Honda Civic SE
I'm glad to see the interest this year, it will be a fun time for sure. But right now I'm at wits end trying to figure out my daughters b-day party, her B-day is new years eve. We where to have her party for her school mates and friends on the 2nd, but it appears there is a scheduling conflict at the place we where supposed to have her party at. So as of right now I'm not sure if I will be able to make the 8th GTG???
Idk, we are pulling our hair out now trying to find another location for the party, we want it on the 2nd. But have only been able to find places to rent out on the 8th so far.
I'll let you all know if we can find a place. Otherwise the GTG can still go on without me or we can reschedule it. Sorry for the crappy news.

Z-MAN1

TDI
2006.5 Jetta "diesel edition"
working on shift that day i cannot attend, :(but would if i wasnt working maybe next time .

Happy Holidays to all of you and yours......

D-Cell_Mekanick

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Honda Civic SE
Unfortunately I wasnt able to get another day scheduled for my daughters B-day party but the 8th. So I wont be making the 8th GTG :(. It seems that the place had double booked and we where the last to make a down payment to hold the date. I guess that's what happends when your wife can't make up her mind where she wants the party!

So I guess just go ahead with it guys and hopefully we can do this again some time in the near future. If by chance it doesnt happend then maybe we can reschedule for a late date. Either way is just fine by me.

Jason

All of Us

Ian's Dad
TDI
2015 NMS Passat SE TDI "Gin" 2006 A5 New Jetta TDI "Graycie" and 2003 A4 Jetta GLS TDI "Liath"
Volks:

I'm flexible on the date for this GTG. I think the person who initiated the idea should be able to attend so unless someone else strongly objects we ought to let Jason pick a date to reschedule this gig. Thoughts anybody?

Dan

D-Cell_Mekanick

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Honda Civic SE
Volks:
I'm flexible on the date for this GTG. I think the person who initiated the idea should be able to attend so unless someone else strongly objects we ought to let Jason pick a date to reschedule this gig. Thoughts anybody?
Dan

I do appreciate that Dan, but I feel as though if people show up I have helped accomplish something.

I say I won't be able to make it, that's because we have some family coming to the party. If they don't come back to the house afterwards or don't stay that long, I still maybe able to make a portion of the GTG. BIG and I mean BIG maybe, but I seriously doubt it. So I just plan on not makeing it.

Jason

scurvy

Good Ol' Boy
TDI
2006 Golf
Ditto with Dan - I'm flexible for dates. The following weekend is the NAIAS in Detroit so that one is out, and it looks like my trip to the UK has been pushed back to February (for now). Plenty of other dates available to pick that you can attend, Jason!

D-Cell_Mekanick

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Honda Civic SE
Ok
Let me look at the calendar, if any others have the same feelings then I'm good with changing the date. I would just hate to change it of everyone is already set on that date (I already feel like a jackass for having to say I cant make my own GTG). But I guess stuff happends for a reason. Maybe we will get more people to show up on another date?
Let's just stop and listen for a few days before anything changes. If there are no objections, I would love to change the date so I may attend. But like I said, I'm ok with it going on without me also. ;)

Maybe someone will suggest a different place to meet in the meantime also (as I guess beautiful tan waitress' in skimpy cloths doesn't make every man happy, lol).

oswegoPD

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TSI, 2013 Passat 6M sold, 2012 Jetta Premium DSG sold, 2004 Jetta GL 5M (sold)
I am open to another date.

Eric

D-Cell_Mekanick

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Honda Civic SE
Sounds good guys. I think I'll wait till after the holidays to reschedule, just want to make sure nothing pops up unexpectedly. If anyone has any ideas, please feel free to post em up.

All of Us

Ian's Dad
TDI
tdijunkey:

Sorry, Aurora, Illinois not Aurora, Colorado. You are certainly welcome to join us if you wish, but the drive might be a burden this time of year. You would probably win the road warrior trophy if you decided to show up though.

Dan

D-Cell_Mekanick

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Honda Civic SE
tdijunkey:
Sorry, Aurora, Illinois not Aurora, Colorado. You are certainly welcome to join us if you wish, but the drive might be a burden this time of year. You would probably win the road warrior trophy if you decided to show up though.
Dan

Good call Dan. I guess Colorado could (should?) be part of the Midwest, my bad for not clarifying that, sorry.

But your more than welcome to come, as is everyone else that wants to come out.

Now just to decide on a new date!

Last edited:

spaceman_spiff

TDI
1999.5 VW Jetta GLS TDi - Green - 230k
Hi All,

manual_tranny is coming to my house in Oswego to help me with a TB change on 1/15. I haven't confirmed a time with manual_tranny yet, but I was thinking around 11 am start time. We can make it a GTG if anyone else is interested. I've got plenty of parking and a heated garage. I'm planning on cooking up a big pot of chili. :) PM me for the address.

Paul

D-Cell_Mekanick

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Honda Civic SE
Hi All,
manual_tranny is coming to my house in Oswego to help me with a TB change on 1/15. I haven't confirmed a time with manual_tranny yet, but I was thinking around 11 am start time. We can make it a GTG if anyone else is interested. I've got plenty of parking and a heated garage. I'm planning on cooking up a big pot of chili. :) PM me for the address.
Paul
That sounds awesome. I'll do my best to make it so PM me your address.

Jason

BKmetz

Administrator, Member #10
Staff member
TDI
2015 Passat, titanium beige, 6MT
Is anyone still planning on making this GTG?

:confused:

All of Us

Ian's Dad
TDI
Waiting for reschedule

Brian:

AFAIK, this GTG has been postponed and we are waiting for Jason (D-cell Mekanick) to set a new date. Jason had some scheduling conflicts with his daughter's Birthday party and would not have been able to make it to the GTG he originally proposed. Since most expressed flexibility on the date of this GTG the reschedule seemed like the best option.

Dan

D-Cell_Mekanick

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Honda Civic SE
Things have finally started to settle down here. I will be looking at the calendar here shortly and checking my schedule. I will repost a date soon. Untill then if anyone has any preference let me no.

spaceman_spiff

TDI
1999.5 VW Jetta GLS TDi - Green - 230k
I'm looking forward to a future D-Cell_Mekanic GTG.

Next Saturday 1/15 Manual_Tranny and I will be doing a timing belt change on my car at my house in Oswego. All of Us and D-Cell_Mekanic have said they might stop by. I'll be making a pot if chilli and some salsa. If anyone would like to drop by, send me a PM and I'll send you the details.