Possibly the first v10 tdi dpf/egr delete w/o pulling engine?

Machineman

Veteran Member
TDI
2007 RS4 Titanium 3.0TDI & 2013 Touareg TDI & B6 S4 BHW Swap Biturbo
I just wanted to say I managed to do a DPF and EGR Delete without pulling the motor on my v10 treg I have done a lot of research prior with many results coming up as drop engine. For anyone contemplating this it is doable with a lot of patience.

Start by removing all the EGR up top this will gain in the room to get your arms behind to remove the bolts for the downpipes the driver side is a lot easier three of my studs snapped off this was very painful to remove

Last edited:

psst1997

Veteran Member
TDI
90 Corrado G60, 90 Corrado 3.6, 92 Corrado VR6, 97 Passat TDI, 2005 Jetta TDI, 2006 Touareg V10, 2011 Golf TDI
Very nice! Previous owner of mine dropped them and gutted them without engine removal. Maybe I need you to make me dpf delete pipes along with the EGR delete's as well!

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Rotated and huge! Please resize pics to fit the page to stop having to scroll to read the posts. Or post a thumbnail linked to the full size photo.

1.4TDI PD

TDI
2.5TDI V6, 3.3TDI V8,3.0TDI V6,1.9TDI PD100
Nice work when i was doing the egr delete on my 2.5tdi v6 i thought that i am going need to remove the turbo but after 3 hours of work i finally removed the egr pipe underneath the turbo and instaled egr delete kit. I still need to do a cat delete then my engine will be runing even nicer.

kooyajerms

grocery getter
TDI
97 B4V (mine), 11 x5 35d (hers) 04 V10 (that one you want), 2014 Q7 (mom's) 74 Shasta 1400
Next task for you is to figure out how to pull the turbos without fully dropping the engine ;)

On blocks and in the driveway even better. I'll mail you some west coast IPA's.

Premier Sprinter

TDI
MK4 4dr Golf - VNT2365v and supporting mods, MK4 4dr Golf - AWD swap in progress, 2006 V10 TDI Touareg
I didn't remove my engine to delete my DPFs and EGR last winter... but the engine is out now. The turbos really didn't like all of the freedom and one let go.

I posted the ECU files that I wrote so that there is no CEL once deleted in the Facebook TDI tuning group. It's definitely worth getting a KESS and saving the $1,000+ to have a tuner do it for you.

SpeedyR

TDI
2005 Jetta
I have the BuzzKen DPF delete pipes but haven't installed them.

I know/understand the reason for removing the DPF, but what does the EGR do in regards to removing it?

I have a tune on the V10 now, but pretty sure it's not Malone, so trying to decide if it's worth removing the DPF and trying to figure out how to turn off the regen without having to buy another $800 tune...

so if I'm going to remove the DPF is it worth it to do the EGR at the same time (and possibly the O2 sensors)? How hard is it to just do the DPF?