Possible '96 B4 Variant 4-sale

bikeprof

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat B4 Variant white, 1996 Town & Country 3.8 LXI
I have a rescued 1996 B4 Variant/Indian Pearl Red that I got from a friends junk yard(almost crushed!), that I may want to sell...
I am driving this TDI and getting stuff fixed little by little so it is reliable but right now, it does have its nuances(!? :rolleyes:).

Does need help with the exterior/paint and some metal spots/dents BUT no rust!

New motor/head and:
IP,
Bossio Sprint 520's,
GP's and harness,
metal h2-o pump,
hoses,
turbo,
alternator,
steering rack,
tie rods,
axles,
air conditioning,
tires on 14 aluminum wheels ~ 2.800 miles(Discount).

Can't tell how much $ I have in this Variant right now but will add stuff up. Many other parts have not listed here, I am at a point that I need to travel so I should/may not have time to finish this project.

THERE is NO rust on the car, none under or above..., just needs outside body work/paint(clearcoat, you know?...)

PM to ask stuff...

Mcgink

Veteran Member
TDI
I-Red,"The Passat formerly known as Harlequin" 97 B4, a non VW GTDI too
Bump and thanks for rescuing this one. How many miles are on it? The rust free factor is a good thing but as we all know, the cost of maint updates could make it a swap candidate at best and a daily driver at least.

janb

Veteran Member
Bump and thanks for rescuing this one. How many miles are on it? ...make it a swap candidate at best and a daily driver at least.
From your list, looks like a ~$700 Low Mileage GLX wagon would be a whole lot more valuable to pour your time into (using the maroon B4V as a donor).

BAD Paint can be a deal breaker, unless you repaint yourself. I do that, but it is not fun, fast. (or cheap)

I have seen 3 B4 TDI donors for under $1200 in the last month, these things are no gold mine. (though I enjoy my three...) Even more if they had non-elect locks, windows / hatch lid.

bikeprof

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat B4 Variant white, 1996 Town & Country 3.8 LXI
Thanks for the pat on the back about rescuing this B4 V...

Yes, there is money in this one and hassles that have been dealt with.
For your info..., less headaches than before(that is the way I see it), so it is closer to being finished(and less to deal with)!