poor willie busted again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vwrobert51

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
i see on the news that old willie got busted with magic mushrooms and pot! what you didnt hear was it was going to use it for his biodiesel brewing!:D i hope the pot was maui wowie.:D

P-car

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta
Good to see our tax dollars at use. :rolleyes: I wish they would now find OBL or someone who is dangerous to society. Oh wait we are talking about our Gov.

SyNtAxx

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Tornado Red GLS TDI
P-car said:
Good to see our tax dollars at use. :rolleyes: I wish they would now find OBL or someone who is dangerous to society. Oh wait we are talking about our Gov.

All I know is...IF that was me and I was caught with 1.5 pounds of the greenery.....I dont think i would have been allowed to go on my way with just a citation.....

What do you thin?

Nick

Thunderstruck

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GTI SE 6M
He needs a bus that doesn't have his name on it-you know if it's Willie there's illegal stuff in it. It was probably like Cheech and Chong where this bus is rolling down the road with huge clouds of smoke billowing out the windows.
(didn't say if the cop asked the driver for a bite of his chili dog.)

DrewD

Veteran Member
Nope, it was the 3 snack trucks following the RV that gave the cops probable cause.

03_01_TDI

Banned
TDI
Na
I thought doing drugs made you stupid, go blind, and comment violent crimes.. Oh wait thats what the Government told me. They also told me that there were WMD's in Iraq....

Leave ole Willie alone. Smoking some herbs is no different than 50% of all Americans who are on some type of drug right now.. Just that they go to the big pill pusher (doctors) to get there mind altering drugs.

Can't focus... take a pill
Focus too muck.. take a pill
Too fat.. take a pill

Bioninja

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta TDI 99'
Yeah, while everyone thinks that he should be let off, I don't. I'm not saying put him behind bars, but I am saying that it was a pretty stupid decision on his part. I think that this will reflect badly on the biodiesel industry (being that he was a representative of the National Biodiesel Board and all). I just hope that it doesn't give the industry another black eye, bc we certainly don't need it!

MrErlo

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf 4dr 5sp
associating BioDiesel users with marajuana would be at least as immature as associating all americans with cocaine because our president did it when he was younger. sadly, most people are so fickle that this probably will give BioD a bad rap. tragic really. hopefully eventually people will be able to separate personal life style choices and political affiliations. it IS possible to be environmentally responsible and smoke weed without necessarily being evil.

gottdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 TDI Yellow Beetle GLS
Bio, Solar, Alternative Transportation, Hemp Clothing and all that Earthy stuff is what us Earth Muffins do but not the main stream. No sir, the main stream would not be caught dead in some bio burning vehicle. Not normal.

Since thats the case I'll take another heap of Alternative. Earth Muffins Rejoyce that we have all we want and could ever use.

Yes we are placed in the class of Pot Head Hippies of the 60's. Sad indeed. But then again there is more for me as most just scoff at the alternative ideas and ideals. Again too bad for them. I always boast of our solar and having a 2000 sq/ft home that is all electric and our electric bill is $4.65 per month. I get scoffed for that. I get scoffed for driving a diesel car. But no one gets scoffed for driving a big diesel truck. Too bad. They loose.

Willie, leave him be he is still stuck back in the 60's anyway.

Bioninja

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta TDI 99'
MrErlo said:
associating BioDiesel users with marajuana would be at least as immature as associating all americans with cocaine because our president did it when he was younger. sadly, most people are so fickle that this probably will give BioD a bad rap. tragic really. hopefully eventually people will be able to separate personal life style choices and political affiliations. it IS possible to be environmentally responsible and smoke weed without necessarily being evil.
I don't think BioWillie is evil, but I do think that he should've been more responsible since he is a representative of the Biodiesel industry. It is immature to associate smoking pot w/ Bio, but unfortunately, when a representative of an industry does something like this, then the majority tend to make associations. Whether celebrities like it or not, they are in the limelight along with every little thing they do.
I could care less whether he does it or doesn't; I just don't want it making biodiesel users/producers look bad! We're not all hippies and we don't all toke!

bam_bam_dip

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 Jetta TDI GL
Bioninja said:
but I do think that he should've been more responsible since he is a representative of the Biodiesel industry. It is immature to associate smoking pot w/ Bio, but unfortunately, when a representative of an industry does something like this, then the majority tend to make associations. Whether celebrities like it or not, they are in the limelight along with every little thing they do.
Just look at what he did to the Country music arena........!!!!!!! :D:D

And Daryll Hannah sitting in a tree is good for the industry??

Bioninja

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta TDI 99'
bam_bam_dip said:
Just look at what he did to the Country music arena........!!!!!!! :D:D

And Daryll Hannah sitting in a tree is good for the industry??
Daryl Hannah sitting in a tree is not illegal...there's a difference...

Txst

Veteran Member
TDI
Shadow Blue 06 Jetta TDI
Bioninja said:
I don't think BioWillie is evil, but I do think that he should've been more responsible since he is a representative of the Biodiesel industry. It is immature to associate smoking pot w/ Bio, but unfortunately, when a representative of an industry does something like this, then the majority tend to make associations. Whether celebrities like it or not, they are in the limelight along with every little thing they do.
I could care less whether he does it or doesn't; I just don't want it making biodiesel users/producers look bad! We're not all hippies and we don't all toke!
Solid points...I agree.

bam_bam_dip

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 Jetta TDI GL
Bioninja said:
It is if she is trespassing. Don't get me wrong, I'm not condoning what Willie does, but that IS Willie. Willie also brings alot of clout to the table, not to mention money. (I don't believe he owes any more money to the IRS)

drwho

Veteran Member
TDI
None
In Texas, Kinky Friedman is running for Governor. Kinky writes mystery novels and played in a band called Kinky Friedman and the Texas Jewboys. He is contraversial, but has some good ideas. He even said he would put WILLIE NELSON IN AS ENERGY SECT.!!!! He said willie would get is on biodiesel and reduce our dependency on Arab oil. I hope this does not hurt Kinky's campaign with Willie getting busted! Also Kinky said a few things that ticked some people off the other day. But this is one shot for Texas to be on biodiesel

skippytdi

Veteran Member
TDI
06 jet-ta
Bioninja said:

Thats the whole point. What is illegal and who told you it was? If the gov. told you to jump off a bridge would you do it? What gives them the right to outlaw a PLANT?
Question everything, or be a victim of authority.... oh wait, we already are.

bam_bam_dip

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 Jetta TDI GL
drwho said:
In Texas, Kinky Friedman is running for Governor. Kinky writes mystery novels and played in a band called Kinky Friedman and the Texas Jewboys. He is contraversial, but has some good ideas. He even said he would put WILLIE NELSON IN AS ENERGY SECT.!!!! He said willie would get is on biodiesel and reduce our dependency on Arab oil. I hope this does not hurt Kinky's campaign with Willie getting busted! Also Kinky said a few things that ticked some people off the other day. But this is one shot for Texas to be on biodiesel
Me thinks that was one condition of Willie be of a mind to accept that appointment. Kinky would legalize maryJane.

Potraying willie or daryl as spokesperson(s) for BD is kinda like saying David Koresh speaks for all Christions or OBL speaks for all muslims. It simply taint true.

Bioninja

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta TDI 99'
bam_bam_dip said:
Me thinks that was one condition of Willie be of a mind to accept that appointment. Kinky would legalize maryJane.

Potraying willie or daryl as spokesperson(s) for BD is kinda like saying David Koresh speaks for all Christions or OBL speaks for all muslims. It simply taint true.
Agreed...but you know that. Many people who aren't using Biodiesel & aren't educated on it, automatically associate BioWillie with Biodiesel. I'm not getting into the political crap; I am just saying that BioWillie does represent the NBB in many ways (just check out their website), and he should've been more responsible/careful about what he was doing. I'll say what I said before....I don't personally care whether he smokes or not...I just don't want that making the industry look bad. Biodiesel has had enough hurdles to climb without something like this bringing media attention.

BeetleGo

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
5-door, 5-speed Golf GLS replaced BeetleGo.
Then again, it may be that this won't affect the market so much.

We'll have to see.

~BeetleGo

CaJones

BANNED
bam_bam_dip said:

Yeah, there seems to be a thing about the 2 Willies, and pot, and their judgement being clouded. Just ask Monica Lewinski, heck, even her judgment got clouded hanging around a former pot head. This couldl spread like a wild weed throughout the biodiesel community.

I think we should take a poll, how many biodiesel users inhale, and how many don't? :D I (cough, cough, cooooooough) don't inhale, just like the former prez.

Mike_04GolfTDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Mine: 2019 Golf R DSG, Wife's: 2015 Golf Comfortline TDI
Hemp seed oil would make excellent biodiesel... The whole reason why marijuana and related plants like hemp are illegal is because they would compete with the petroleum industry. Which country uses the most petroleum products? Which country is most opposed to hemp production? Both USA of course. Only large corporations with deep pockets can go out and drill for oil and refine it. Hemp could be produced by anyone with access to dirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.