Poly Arm bushings installed. Pretty easy.

TdiRacing

Vendor
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI Cup
Well, I had some Poly bushing for my a-arms sitting on the self and decided to install them last night. Was pretty easy affair. Here is what is necessary to do it. No press needed, just a vise, drill and recipricating saw. And other tools to get the arms out of course.

1) remove the arms

2) clamp arm in the vise so large bushing is facing you. Slide the saw blade though the air gap in stock bushing and saw though the aluminum rim. CAUTION: go slow and don't cut to far into the arm. Once you have two cuts, it falls out. Yup it's that easy.

3) Put arm in vise and have small bushing facing up. Take a razor knife and cut the lip off the end of the bushing. Why? This will make it easier to get out after you drill some holes in it.

4) Drill holes around the metal sleeve in the rubber. Close to one another as possible. NOTE: Select a drill that is not too large, so it doesn't damage the arm. Then, take a hammer and punch it out. Doesn't take much.

INSTALL NEW BUSHINGS:

1) Small bushing is two piece, easy install.

2) Large bushing get lubed up and put on arm and clamped in vise. NOTE: Arm has rounded side, which is the side you want to press from so it allows the bushing to slid in.
You can press it about 80% though with the vise jaws, then remove it and clam the arm in the vise so the large end is facing you again. Now take a hammer and tap it in until in snaps in place. DONE!

Reinstall in car.

Hardest part is getting the arms out of the car. Replacing the bushings was easy.

Enjoy!

-Courtesy of RallyVW Racing. Visit www.rallyvw.com for team info and for our Fall Tuning Session Sept 17, 2005.

TdiRacing

Vendor
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI Cup
Reviews after first day of driving:

I LOVE THEM. I LOVE THEM. I LOVE THEM.

The car feels like it is on rails up front now. What a difference they make. My stock ones were worn pretty bad and were cracked. The ride is NOT harsh or anything either, which is what I was worried about. This is really the best $60 I spent on a mod in a long time. The stock one had so much movement in them.

I also now have installed SPC Camber kit as well. Basically replaces the top rubber strut bushing and allows camber and caster adjustment. Really nice kit and easy to install as well.

Now I need an alignment and I should be good to go for another 180K miles.

If you have old bushings in your car, think about upgrading them to Poly or the Audi TT solid ones. Really makes a big difference.

TdiRacing

Vendor
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI Cup
It is really easy. I was so greasy from other work, that I didn't want to get the camera dirty. Next time I will take some pics and do an article.

I will show you at the Session how it's done. We have spare arms in our truck.

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Bora and 2016 Touareg
Were these bushings OEM VW/Audi parts or aftermarket? If OEM, do you have the part numbers? If aftermarket, where did you source them? Thanks for your help.